1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Crew being cloned due to lag. Affects Multiplayer as well as Singleplayer.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mralexs, Jul 25, 2016.

1. mralexs

mralexs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So My friends were playing on our server and all of a sudden our crews were being cloned.
    [​IMG]
    Killing them doesn't work as they respawn and dismissing them on dismisses the original. There are no mods on the server. I went into singleplayer and the clones were there too.

2. Whoaness

Whoaness Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh cool, I got this bug too. It was a really laggy multiplayer server.

My crew teleported down with me and I went back up. Now there are 3.

3. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

I am pretty sure it's not just due to lag. However, it is common bug and there's been more than on ethread already made about it. Dismissing some of the crew member may also take care of their ghost equivalent upon save/server restart, however it also tends to leave some unresponsive crewmembers around and those cannot be dismissed anymore as they aren't even listed in crew manifest (especially crew members you cannot take planetside like tailors).

4. mralexs

mralexs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I managed to remove the clones. What you have to do is make a clone follow you in your ship then dismiss them from SAIL. Keep doing this until you have one of each of your crewmembers

5. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

Like I wrote, that's the way to mitigate the issue. It won't always work however. Especially since not every crewmember can be set to follow you (damn tailors).

6. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

I still haven't been able to reproduce this bug. Please provide a copy of your log files from a session where the duplication occurs, and/or more detailed steps describing how to reproduce the problem.