1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Creature Cages version 0.2

Allows you to cage and display creatures captured in a creature capture pod

1. magewish4

magewish4 Pangalactic Porcupine

magewish4 submitted a new mod:

Creature Cages - Allows you to cage and display creatures captured in a creature capture pod

Read more about this mod...

2. magewish4

magewish4 updated Creature Cages with a new update entry:

Consoles to view monster stats

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. magewish4

So, I updated my mod by putting nodes on the new cages, but I found while testing that adding nodes to already existing cages caused any cages that had been placed to despawn, with their contents. Because of this I haven't updated the cages that existed in the mod, but I would like to do so without trashing anyone's cages they might have placed. Is there a good way to get this to fail gracefully? Either by respawning as the new cage or by at least dropping the cage item and capture pod?

4. 3clips3

3clips3 Orbital Explorer

Hi, i love this mod, as it essentially lets me start the starbound zoo i always wanted.
    though, I have a question.
    The new update changed the creature capture pods to the critter capture pods, and i couldn't capture creatures anymore. Does something here fix that so creatures are capturable again?

5. magewish4

I haven't added anything since the update to add the old capture pods in yet.

6. 3clips3

3clips3 Orbital Explorer

Well, i look forward to what you do with this mod. Its spectacular.

7. magewish4

So, I've tried reimplementing the old capturepods for monsters, but something seemes to not be working. :/ since capture pods are working in the nightlies, I think I'll wait for that to get pushed and just make sure that it will work with the new system. Hopefully it will also be easier to display more info about the monsters from the cage interface.

8. magewish4

The new capturepods work a little differently in nightlies, so the new version of creature cages will be incompatible with older versions. I'm still fixing some problems with the cages, but here's a link to what's done so far: https://github.com/pixlar/starbound-mod-cage/archive/nightly.zip

If anyone can help figure out how to properly position the creatures or why the cages sometimes display in the wrong spot, I would be extremely grateful for the help.

9. bladedge

bladedge Void-Bound Voyager

This is pretty neat. I will keep an eye on it but I would love to see one that uses like a background kind of thing how you see in museums with a clear glass covering and if you set one next to another it makes it bigger so if you wanted to you could have it so they walk around in it and if you put another one of the same one in it it has them both moving around in it. Oh that might even make a good add where you put food in it and after a time they have a kid that is just like they two of them.

10. Superepicgecko

Superepicgecko Space Penguin Leader

I like this, you said you'd be open to help - I would be willing to collaborate, I'm relatively new to the modding scene (great work on the space stations by the way!) but I have a basic understanding of how stuff works and a few working mods under my belt.

11. magewish4

Hey! I haven't worked on this since 1.0 dropped - there are a few things that can definitely be improved (The version for Glad Giraffe has some terrible bugs). The code is all up on GitHub, so you can fork it and contribute.

12. Proginoskes

Proginoskes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's a bit odd how the beasts are in front of the cages, but still well made. Good job! A wider variety than tethers.