Modding Help Creating an armor mod, icon and texture doesn't load

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Ojisgood7, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Ojisgood7

Ojisgood7 Intergalactic Tourist

Is there a solution to this? I've read a few guides on how to make mods and such, however when I tried to make a helmet mod, when I load up the item the skin/texture doesn't load, as well as the item. Anyone know if this is common or am I lacking something ? head.png This is the texture I made for it.

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Its quite likely because you don't have a frames file.
    You have to keep your helmet in the same directory structure as other helmets.

You will notice it is assets\items\armors\helmets ( or something like that )
    Follow the same structure and make sure the name of your helmet is the exact same as other helmets ! ( you will notice all the armors and helmets have the same name )

If you do those 2 steps you should be fine.

Edit:
    To be a bit more clear - the image name not the item name is the same for all armor files.

Ojisgood7, IHart and bk3k like this.
  3. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Here is an example of how armor should be implemented (noting that the textures aren't changed, but they still load in the game). Just take a look and compare the armor to yours (ignoring unusual elements in my armors).

Attached Files:

4. Ojisgood7

So, I have the same template, but in order for it to work, I must place it into the game's files?

5. Ojisgood7

Also, my image does not have a transparent background. Would this also apply into it not working as well?

6. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

No transparent background is because your image does not have a transparent background.
    Make sure you save it with no color as the background.

7. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

you must create a directory in the mods folder that parallels the default files. the folders in the mod directory are merged with the default ones on load. If you do not place your helmet in an armor folder in a similar manner to the default helmets then your helmet will not utilize the existing frames file and you would need to make your own.

Ojisgood7 likes this.