Modding Help Created a tiered custom wand for a project, but it's invisible.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Febilian, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

I've already managed to make a staff that works through trial and error, and the wand version of it functions but is completely invisible. Its glow and effects aren't. It works, it has an icon that shows up, but it doesn't show up when you hold it.

I'm at a loss as per what the "default" bit at the end of the file path in the Starbound.log is supposed to be. The staff didn't need anything like that in its folder structure, and it's hard to tell how to make a non-randomized wand properly without any good examples.

I'll post the mod files I have so far so that maybe someone can figure out what it is I missed.

This is the staff(working properly and showing up and all that):

[​IMG]
    Here's a character trying to hold two wands, and as you can see, they're invisible on the character(but otherwise work):

[​IMG]

If anyone could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Antyrus

Antyrus Pangalactic Porcupine

Here's your problem:
    Code:
    [14:29:56.265] [Error] Could not load image asset '/items/active/weapons/wand/steampoweredwandt1/default', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/items/active/weapons/wand/steampoweredwandt1/default'
    In your case, the problem lies in your "animationParts" in the active item file. You need to change "staff" to "wand" because wand.animation doesn't recognize "staff" as a part, so naturally it fails to load the image.

Febilian and The | Suit like this.
  3. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

Oop, that must have slipped right past me. I'll try that, thanks!

EDIT: Yup that fixed it. Thanks so much! It's what I get for modding without much sleep I guess haha.

4. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

You could also look at the Ferozium wand, if you want an example for future reference.

5. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

Not gonna lie I completely forgot that existed somehow, whoops. I guess it wasn't in the same place as the other staff/wand files so I didn't notice it.