1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Crazy Megabuild projects people are attempting?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Hawklaser, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Hawklaser

Hawklaser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Since Starbound has officially been released now, I started thinking about some of the epic things people have built in other sandbox games, and am curious about what is being attempted so far. And lets be honest, what sandbox game isn't going to end up having crazy megabuilds at some point?

Some of the things I am thinking about are like some of the epic rollercoasters that were made in Minecraft such as the Beetlejuice one, or using the noteblocks to reproduce songs, as well as just plain old super builds that dwarf normal construction. Such as what is illustrated over here: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/the-republic-of-san-leone.74335/

We have wiring, we have rails to build coasters with, we have geode note blocks, so what kinds of crazy things are people trying to do? As always find it fun and interesting to see what mega builds others are working on, as well as find inspiration for neat things to try as well.

Inf_Wolf14 and Tamorr like this.
  2. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I wouldn't call mine really all that mega build, but I have been building. To be more exact I am remodeling. Basically using one of those abandoned Hylotl mansions. changing out the back wall and doing rooms. So it is a big project, but not a mega build. Mainly just messing with the colonies, primarily floran at the moment. Do plan to add things as I go along. It is just the way I build. Mostly mini-structures or complexes. Already did a couple small things on other planets...

I hope to see more as well of any type of build, as every last bit is inspirational. :nuruhappy:

TheFloranChef likes this.
  3. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm colonizing my entire starter planet. This was not some great plan or anything, just the reality that is slowly unfolding, block by block, house by house.

TheFloranChef and Tamorr like this.
  4. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

I'll definitely build a big castle with the the Castlevania Furniture mod. But I won't start anytime soon.

5. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

I plan to port over a massive Yggdrasil build I did over in Terraria couple years ago. I made it as an attractive way to house all the NPCs, so it's gonna make one awesome colony! :)
    Not to mention Starbound has more detail per pixel, and better building options IMO.

Tamorr and TheFloranChef like this.