Modding Help crashing problem

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Finerframe, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Finerframe

Finerframe Big Damn Hero

so the thing is i added a lot of mod and i mean a lot and my game keeps crashing on start-up i tried reading the logs but i dont understand the error

Attached Files:

2. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Try to run your game without Blocktable+ and Stargazer Vault.
    One of em causes the error.

3. Finerframe

Finerframe Big Damn Hero

i did that and this is the error that i got

Attached Files:

4. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

I don't know about the other mods, but one of them got a liquid.config.patch in the main directory, probably hydronades tho.
    Disable that too.

(I know that sucks, but thats the only legal solution until they update their mods)

5. Finerframe

Finerframe Big Damn Hero

hydronade was the problem but now i got another error which comes from the fact that i realized that 144 mods i had were installed with the nexus mod manager which doesnt understand how to install mods and now i reinstalled them all and this is what i get

Attached Files:

6. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Oh god, thats a LOT mods. LIke, heck. The crashing error is the effectsAnimator one, that's related to player.config.patch.
    If you find any player.config.patch files in your 178 mods, check them for an effectAnimator thing, I'm not sure on how to solve this error exactly, but this thread might help you:

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/getting-crashes-please-help.95144/

It's basically the same thing. If you got another error, and you WILL get another error, just reply again. Hell, I'm sorry, but I could bet not even half your mods will stay, installing 178 random mods is risky by itself, cuz they WILL most likely conflict with each other, but doing so after a game update is almost impossible.

7. shardshunt

shardshunt Cosmic Narwhal

yeah some of the mods will be out of date some will crash with others it is best to install one mod at time and see if the game starts or use a mod pack like S3r1ous Mods were it has been done for you

8. Finerframe

Finerframe Big Damn Hero

ive finished removing the mods that made me crash on the loading screen but now i get this error when i try playing a character

Attached Files:

9. shardshunt

yeah that's a mod conflicting with another

10. Finerframe

Finerframe Big Damn Hero

which one?

11. shardshunt

it's difficult to tell really
    looking at that file i see errors with reduced re spawn cost but i dont think thats the issue it's a mod that deals with the universe_server.config file i also see star bound failing to create a whole bunch of items.

im sorry i cant help much more than that youd have to try any mod you think might deal with the universe_server.config file which mainly deals with your ship and starter planet
    perhaps a race mod?