Crashing problem

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Deeked, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Deeked

Deeked Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having this problem where I can be playing just fine for a while, but when I try to beam to my ship my game crashes. It doesent happen every time but it only happens when I try to beam up. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

2. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

I've had this same problem, but it hasn't happened yet in the recent update, so just try updating your game(If you haven't already) and see if it still happens!

themushroomlord likes this.
  3. LizardGaming

LizardGaming Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For me, Starbound crashes upon start.

4. MasterRyu2005

MasterRyu2005 Space Hobo

I purchased Starbound off of Steam a few days ago after building my new PC for gaming. My issue is when I am playing for about 15-20 minutes the game starts to flicker static on the screen. I play for a few more minutes and the my computer crashes, the screen is flickering different colors and I have to unplug my computer in order for it to do anything. I have played the game for about 20-30 minutes. Is there something I need to do in order for it to work? I bought a 4-pack for me and my friends to play together. I may try to get my money back instead of trying to wait and see if someone can help me fix it. I have as followed:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
    Installed Memory (RAM) 16.0 (15.9 usable)
    O.S. - Windows 10 Home
    System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor.

5. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Logs, please. Starbound.log. Should be in your storage folder.
    And it would've been better if you created a separate thread.
    Also, what about your video card? From what I gathered problem is probably related to it.

6. LizardGaming

LizardGaming Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Never mind, The glitch was from the Steam Workshop mod folder, one of the mods failed to update.