1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue crash when entering lvl 120 mines

Discussion in 'Support' started by Xindan, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Xindan

Xindan Space Hobo

when i tried to enter the mines lvl 120 the game crashed
    bought game on gog.com so still version 1.0

error log:
    http://pastebin.com/DDDa7630

• Carkasjak

Carkasjak Void-Bound Voyager

I am also crashing when I enter mines 120. Video with savegame in description:
      I've reported this bug.

Are you running the game in Windows, Xindan? I'm running it in Wine on Linux, and would love to know whether or not that's causing it.

EDIT: Here's my error log as well: https://ptpb.pw/nNzr

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
      • NoxiousRaven

NoxiousRaven Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I run the game on Windows 10 Pro and I don't have any problems with level 120. I bought it on Steam. My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780.

• Xindan

Xindan Space Hobo

hi,

im running it on win 10 but i`m not sure but i think it has something to do with the archivement and using an non steam version but i could be wrong

• Carkasjak

Carkasjak Void-Bound Voyager

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/47sovr/bug_reporting_megathread/d0g81c4

Other people have reported this problem on reddit, and found that it happens on the GOG version when the game tries to give you steam achievements.
            I think I am also experiencing this when I'm supposed to get the achievement for reaching level 10 in a skill. I've been level 9 fishing for a while, and now whenever I do some fishing I will crash the next time I sleep.

• Pengwynd

Pengwynd Void-Bound Voyager

I'm experiencing this as well.

• ghillielead

ghillielead Intergalactic Tourist

I created the patch in the reddit post linked by Carkasjak. I made a quick edit that should make the patch fix all steam achievment crashes, not just the mineshaft one. I can't test it since I'm not about to hit level 10, but it should work! https://bitbucket.org/ghillielead/stardew-valley-patcher

• Veggetossj

Veggetossj Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I to crash when i enter floor lvl 120. However, I was able to enter the 120th floor, after exiting full screen and using borderless windowed mode.

• Pengwynd

Pengwynd Void-Bound Voyager

I can confirm that this patch fixes the level 10 crash as well. Thanks!

• Unicornking Dean

Unicornking Dean Intergalactic Tourist

I'm a complete computer noob, is there an instructional video or a step by step guide on how to install this please?

• pikabu

pikabu Big Damn Hero

You're the best! Thanks!

• Leinad Werecat

Leinad Werecat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Does this only fix the steam achievement issue? Because i know of two unrelated glitches i am loving to exploit xD

Also, will i need to open the game with the included "patcher" every time or just the one time?

• DeaconTheTurtle

DeaconTheTurtle Void-Bound Voyager

when i run the patch it launches the game but how do i get my saves to launch from that also when i try to create a new game with the patch it will go into the game for a second then crash

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
                            • Archer-Ezzi

Archer-Ezzi Space Hobo

Alright. Made an account just to say that the Patch thing works for the lvl 120 crash issue. Thanks a lot for the help

• adam zs

adam zs Space Hobo

Fam, sorry but how do I install that patch?