1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Crash when activating ancient gate console

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Jimbob767, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Jimbob767

Jimbob767 Void-Bound Voyager

This can be fixed if someone playing on windows loads your save through their game, activates the gate as your character and sends it back to you. (They need to replace their storage folder with yours and have the same mods as you had when you played those characters BACK UP ALL SAVES).

I have played Starbound multiplayer with a friend who activated the gate for me during our playthrough and am able to progress whilst playing multiplayer. However on single player I can't reach the outpost due to this bug.

Specs:
    OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
    Macbook Air, mid 2013

Have also verified the integrity of my game cache through steam.

I can recreate this bug by trying to activate any gate on single or multiplayer and have experienced a similar error when accessing the tech UI in the outpost although I havent got an error log for that to hand.

This is for mac and I have copied across an error message below and attached my log file from the storage folder:

Error] Fatal Error: Segfault Encountered!

0 starbound 0x0000000109a1d8ec _ZNSt3__114__split_bufferIPNS_8functionIFvvEEENS_9allocatorIS4_EEE10push_frontEOS4_ + 8556

1 libsystem_platform.dylib 0x00007fff91490f1a _sigtramp + 26

2 ??? 0x00000001370f28c0 0x0 + 5218707648

3 starbound 0x00000001099080d3 starbound + 49363

4 starbound 0x0000000109906339 starbound + 41785

5 starbound 0x000000010a3cdaa1 _ZN4Star11SdlPlatform3runEv + 577

6 starbound 0x000000010a3cd6e4 _ZNSt3__16vectorIN4Star12RenderVertexENS_9allocatorIS2_EEE21__push_back_slow_pathIS2_EEvOT_ + 3908

7 starbound 0x000000010990a38c starbound + 58252

8 libdyld.dylib 0x00007fff9331c5c9 start + 1

9 ??? 0x0000000000000001 0x0 + 1

Abort trap: 6

logout

[Process completed]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    soroga and AlternateRT like this.
  2. Ed_SNEWBELL

Ed_SNEWBELL Lucky Number 13

Seems like i'm not the only one :)

Jimbob767 likes this.
  3. Jimbob767

Do you happen to have an error log too so they can be compared?

4. Ed_SNEWBELL

Ed_SNEWBELL Lucky Number 13

sure thing

Attached Files:

5. Jimbob767

6. AngelicLiar

AngelicLiar Void-Bound Voyager

Me too. Same OS, 2014 Macbook pro 15". Crashes in both windowed and fullscreen mode. 100% reproducible.

Attached Files:

7. Seed killer

Seed killer Void-Bound Voyager

Well im glad others are having this problem and not just me

8. Jimbob767

FIX: Well I had a friend download my player and universe folders in my storage folder for starbound and activate it for me. Then he had to give me a download link for the new save and I did the old switcharoo. Although this still needs to be fixed that is a quick work around if you have a friend who doesn't have the bug. Make sure they dont have mods installed (or have the same mods you had installed for you characters).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  9. andi242

andi242 Space Hobo

same problem here.

Already tried to completely uninstall/delete files, deactivating mods... appears to be a Mac OS related problem from what I read in the steam discussions.
    pretty annoying.

Starbound did not reply any twitter mentions, or did any comment on this, afaik.

10. tuliomir

tuliomir Void-Bound Voyager

+1, same problem here!

11. Drolfeir

Drolfeir Void-Bound Voyager

I also have the same problem and and didn't have it on version 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 as far as I can tell. I think it has to do with the tweak in 1.0.3 to make windows disappear when you move away from them, i.e., from the changelog:
    • dismiss confirmation windows when the source of them is not in reach
    --- Post updated ---
    I can force it happen either by closing the "gate needs core fragments" window, or simply walking away from it forcing it to close per above. Same crash every time. FWIW, I'm on macOS 10.11.6, 2010 iMac with 12 GB.

Attached Files:

12. Islid

Islid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This happens to me too, with the same errors as the above files. Man, I'm regretting this 1.0.3 update more and more...

EDIT: I guess if it helps, I'm on a 17" mid-2010 MacBook Pro, OSX 10.11.6. Same exact method of reproduction as the earlier issues as well, either activate the console and try to hit the button to submit the shards, or simply closing the window crashes the game with a sigfault.

13. Jimbob767

But if the problem was window closing specific it seems odd that it only applies to certain UI windows. The crafting windows for example are fine but the tech UI window for me in the outpost has the same problem as the gate. Confusing D:

14. akalay2003

akalay2003 Void-Bound Voyager

Same issue.
    I don't know if it helps, but I tested this on both client and my dedicated server and it happened on both.

15. rainst

rainst Intergalactic Tourist

same here

Attached Files:

16. umaturman

umaturman Void-Bound Voyager

+1 !
    --- Post updated ---
    :=(

17. Silvyy

Silvyy Space Spelunker

Same issue :_: Crash when activating the tech cancel or the echridian tech

18. Islid

Islid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is just genuinely annoying. The game is mostly unplayable because I happened to want to wipe my characters after hearing about the 1.0 update, and start anew. Now I can't even progress past the most basic level of function within the game's world. What's probably worse is that because this is a Mac-specific bug, it'll most likely get far less attention. :(

amycat121 likes this.
  19. Silvyy

Silvyy Space Spelunker

Exactly macs are still facing memory leak issues to but since its been fixed for windows it seems like the devs have moved on from the issue

20. Agidyne64

Agidyne64 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having this issue as well, also on Mac. It's frustrating, I really wanted to start the game.