Modding Help crafting station and player.config.patch

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by amirmiked12, May 12, 2017.

1. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

i have a question,
    i have tons of items in my player.config.patch.
    now i made a new crafting station.
    now i wanna delete all those item from my player.config.patch and add only that crafting station.
    and change my items recipe to be crafted in this station.
    will it cause any problem in my current save?
    cause all of those recipe were using vanilla game anvil.

2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

It shouldn't. I've moved my recipes for my mod around a bunch to different crafting station. You shouldn't need to remove them from the patch though, unless you don't want the players knowing how to craft it by default. The only thing that needs to change for them to move to your crafting station is the recipe.

Whatever your filter is on your crafting station, just put that in the "groups" tag in the recipe.

*edit*

To explain a little bit better about the patch... If you remove all the items from it, and just have your crafting station, then the crafting station is the only thing a player will know how to craft from your mod, and once they craft it, nothing will show up when they use it. You need to keep all your items on there, so they show up when the player uses the crafting station

3. amirmiked12

In the last sentences u mean on a currently save?
    I mean for Example:I have item that can be crafted using anvil. And its added into patch..
    So I made a new station and moved my recipe to there.. Will I see it just in my current save?if yes will they show up in a new character.?

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Noope. Just add this to the crafting station config.

Code:
    "requiresBlueprint" : false,
    No more need to patch the damn player.config.

amirmiked12 likes this.
  5. projectmayhem

Yes, it will move from the anvil to the new crafting station in your current save game, and yes when you make a new character, it will show up on your crafting station.

amirmiked12 likes this.
  6. amirmiked12

How to more tabs to crafting station?

7. projectmayhem

Take a look at one of the crafting stations with multiple tabs. Should be able to modify one to suit your needs.

lazarus78 likes this.