Crafting, Modability, and Expansions

Discussion in 'Other' started by Vegetable Lamb, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

There are so many amazing things that you guys could do in this game as expansions that I strongly encourage you to make it easy to add expansions. I'm not sure what scope you're looking at for the base game, but I can tell you, you'll get a lot of requests to add new mechanics and features that will probably make great expansion packs in the future.

I will add that allowing mods will help take the pressure off when it comes to designing simple things folks want. Make it easy to add new sprites, items, and quests to the game for users. Even modding new creatures/monsters would be something that the community will want to keep adding to the game.

I would like to know what the game plan is in terms of focus for the game, meaning what mechanical features you're planning on adding. For example, I do think crafting is a fine idea and a tech tree is a desirable thing, but if the game's goal is exploration, you might want to make most items things that players need to find by exploring rather than building in game.

TeoTheDriller likes this.