Craft items from chest inventory

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Denifia, May 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Denifia

Denifia Void-Bound Voyager

Hey all,

I'm trying to find a mod that allows me to craft items using all my collected items in all of my chests (not just from my inventory).

Does something like that exist? I did search for a while but couldn't find anything.

I'm happy to try to make one if it doesn't exist... but if it already exists... less work for me :)

Cheers!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Does not currently exist because it would require a relatively high-level hook into the game, meaning it likely wouldnt be compatible with any mod that adds new recipes....

• VinchenzoJackal

VinchenzoJackal Big Damn Hero

It would be nice if you could craft from your inventory and whichever chest you open at a time.
        Afterall, if it applies to all of the chests in the game, it could get really unrealistic and weird, and potentially buggy.

• Aristatide

Aristatide Tentacle Wrangler

I wonder if it would be possible to create some sort of crafting station, sort of like the stove is but for your crafting menu? At that point, yes, you could create the ability to pull from a chest or chests, hypothetically.

I'm spitballing here, mind; I looked into the Stardew code and it looked into me and made a scoffing sound and I slunk off in shame.

• Denifia

Denifia Void-Bound Voyager

Hey that's a great idea! That would at least keep it slightly more thematically intact.

I don't think pulling from all chests would be too hard but it doesn't seem like there is a lot of interest in it. So I might just make a quick and dirty mod for me to use :)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Quite possible actually... the real issue would be the same as said before, handling crafting recipes added by other mods, but I do think it is a much more balanced way to handle extended crafting... :)