Couple of suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by serge17, Mar 22, 2016.

1. serge17

serge17 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello

I have couple of suggestions that i hope will make the game experience even more fun.
    At first i want to apologize if anyone already gave similar suggestions - tried to search the forums but there is so many posts that many could slip my eye.

So here are my suggestions:

1. It would be really helpful, to be able to whistle at your horse and he would run to you. I could go as far as being able to recall him even when he is not on screen for e.g he's on farm and You on the beach. But it would not work on desert or of course in the mines. Horse should be a little bit faster too- maybe 10-20% - it's pretty strange when my character when i drink coffee I'm as fast as I'm riding on the horse. On top of that whistle mechanics with are implemented that way in harvest moon would be great to stop NPC (from running away in closed building or off screen). It's a minor thing but still great touch imho.

2. Chickens don't eat grass/hay - it would make so much more sense to make them eat grains - for e.g if you have some corn You could "refine" or "convert" corn to grain and then make some free food for your duck/chickens (it could be even separate machine to do that). Maybe Mill could do that? This mechanics was also present in HM back to nature.

3. Mini-games Why can't we pause the game? They aren't THAT short...when someone calling me i can't stop for a sec and its pretty annoying. (FIXED - you can finaly pause and junimo cart was overhauled)

4. Marble should be treated as a gem or maybe at least could have chance to drop from normal rocks - farming marble for marble brazier is tedious and very time consuming. When something is in crafting recipe make sure its obtainable in easier way. When marble is harder to get than iridium - its silly. (FIXED it is easier to find it now)

5. Your Spouse should be more helpful. When crops are ready to harvest she/he will not water them.Also watering should be applied to greenhouse too. Besides your spouse, should be able to detect if my crops are watered, and switch to repair fences or other jobs.
    If You have no fences, and Your crops are watered, and Your building have auto dispensers Your spouse should fill the bowl of your cat/dog AND pet all the animals - at least saving you a little time.(FIXED spouses are little more helpful)

6. Wouldn't it be convenient and logical to put shipment container in Greenhouse and even in coop/barn? You could put Your crops to sell immediately instead of running half of your farm just to empty your inventory and return for more.(FIXED you can build additional shipment containers)

7. Train - Concept of having train in the game is really cool, but rewards for catching it pass by is very little (some wood, rocks and geodes at best), there should be some minerals, marble or batches of geodes at least. Train is passing by fast and if You not very close to it you need to drop everything you doing and run to even glimpse it - some wood really don't motivate me to go see the train and stop my other tasks so probably most of the players will ignore this mini-event. Shame. (SEMI FIXED -now train drops more stuff)

8.Spouse Rooms: it's very fun and cool concept. After marriage your chosen boy/girl will move in and will have her/his room added to your house. But its little bland. Couldn't you add some sparks to it? For e.g abigail console could be functional (even if it would be 1 lv of prairie king or something). you could even play with her. Or her drums could have added sound effect from drum plate - its that little things that make this game great. Other spouses could be the same - Haley room seem little bland- maybe put some photos on that corkboard? (maybe from event at Marnie's farm??) Maru could have functional telescope (only a bitmap of sky - with mask overlay od circle, not much work. It could be working only in night time). Leah could have paint functionality on her canvas. Sam's guitar and keyboard could make some sounds. I don't know other rooms but I'm pretty sure that kind of thing can be applied to every spouse room.

9. Slime Huts could be a little more useful - they are quite pricey, and they give You pretty much only slime and sometime slime egg's - whats the point? When i could afford it - I had everything i would want from slimes. Including rings, weapons and over 300 slimes and dozen different color slime eggs. Please add something rare to drop from them idk. some artifacts or marble (even 1-2% per slime would be worth it) - but as it stands - imho its useless.

10. I know many people already suggested it. but i will repeat - please make some grass pathes - it looks great. I'm sure many farms would look better with some grass path.

11. Skill reset - it is very simple concept - i screw up my character build. I would love to visit wizard or witch hut to reset my skill perks - it can cost some good money (you must pay for mistakes) idk 1.000 000 should be enough.(FIXED by adding statue resseting your skills in sewers)

12. Make Valentine's day in game. It could count as birthday love/friend bonus when you give chocolate cake to single npc. it could be on 14 of Winter ;)

13. Make some recipe (some elixir or tonic like) that you can morph normal trees to mushroom trees. It is hard to grow some mushroom trees on your farm and have some order in their placement. Recipe could be 10 of each kind of mushroom. Could be bought from dwarf or krobus or be gifted by someone at 10 hearts.

14. I know in recent patch animal products and their processed goods was buffed, but its still not enough. Most farms are crops oriented because it is just not worth the hassle. And its not
    strange. I would prefer to concentrate at my very profitable crops than on my animals.

Wool and Cloth aren't that fast to produce and aren't that high value.

Egg's are cheap 100g at best (without perk).

Mayonnaise is better but still 399g at best (with profession).

Why bother when you can seed some strawberries/blueberries/cranberries or ancient fruit - give it a sprinklers (even cheapest ones) and get so much more profit.

I guess pigs and truffles are all right alternative but their uselessness on winter is painful.
    Maybe they should have additional product on winter?

Ducks are most useful they produce highest price eggs/mayonnaise and feathers too. but still nowhere near crops profits.

Void chicken should be higher (eggs and mayo - at least as much as duck).

Rabbits are expensive and doesn't produce wool everyday (only chance) - rabbit's foot is so rare that i have only 3-4 in 5 years ( so 1 in a year - yeah so much profit)

Goats would be good IF they gave milk everyday - but they don't (same as cows (even at max hearts) - quality seems to vary too.

AND of top of that - Hay. Crops don't cost so much - only seeds - one time and that's it. Water doesn't cost anything :) Hay is not cheap - if you want Your animals to be happy - you must feed them everyday. I have i deluxe coop and 1 deluxe barn (i don't need more). And they devour hay in very fast pace. If i want to be safe in winter i need to have at least 600 Hay.
    And it cost 50G for 1 hay. 600x50=30000G for just that. And nobody cares about scythe hay from grass - later on. Grass slows you down so you want to cut it. You'll want your farm to be clean and profitable so you fill it up with crops, buildings or other (small batch of trees etc.) even if you leave some of your field for grass it won't be enough because grass grow slowly and give small amount of hay. Hay needs to be cheaper 25G for 1 at most. (even cheaper when you have max hearts with Marnie). So my suggestions to sum it up:

- Please make animals not loos hearts after they are maxed out (if NPC can why not your animals?) It will make harvest faster and more likely i would do it.
    - Hay - make it cheaper
    - Dinosaur Egg's or Void Eggs should be higher value. And dinosaur egg should make idk - ancient mayonnaise - most value mayonnaise :)
    - Your spouse should have additional option to collect all your animal goods for a day (in bag beside shipment box). she/He will not process it - just collect egg's,milk, wool, etc.
    - Another 10% boost to animal products and their process goods.
    - and like i said earlier - chicken don't eat grass - some easy to make grains from corn would be great..
    (Semi fixed - by adding Auto grabber, adding new dinosaur mayonesse, and changing prices a little bit + larger coops/barns)

15. Oh and please do something about quarry - it is useless as it is now....it should have at least 3x current chance to spawn rare gems/ores. And i mean it 3x at least - 5x would be more like it. As it is it's just isn't worth it. When i have quarry unlocked i already had some iridium. and gold tools minimum. So quarry didn't do much for me. And when you choose Hilltop farm with quarry as its main perk, then it is truly sad. Make people jealous of quarry not glad that they didn't choose it.

16. Add fish aquarium or some other way to breed fish on farm. It would be great feature. (Fixed by adding fish pools)

17. Why can't we quit to main menu? I would love to jump to my other save but i need to quit the game and run it again - it doesn't make sense in 2016. (FIXED)

That's just my little suggestions - i will post more if i manage to find out more about the game ;) Thanks for this great game btw :D

P.S Also thx for all Your input ;)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    • Njord

Njord Void-Bound Voyager

1. Awesome suggestion! Even though it caters the lazy in us it's quite realistic to do that.
      2. I believe it already fills the amount of animals you have. Have you tried updating the game recently?
      Thing about grains is really great, love to see that =)
      3. Pausing the games is both a great idea, but most arcade games you cant pause. So I dunno really.
      4. That's actually correct and realistic. Though I would advise still having Marble be a rare thing, because it sohuld be difficult to make the "end game stuff".
      5. Exactly! So obvious stuff, I'm suprised it's not already implemented.

Great suggestions! =)

• serge17

I only want to make this game even better i hope my suggestion will help ;) Thx

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
        • Valyria

Valyria Void-Bound Voyager

1. I like the horse whistle idea like that of Harvest Moon.
          2. The corn to grain convertion idea makes sense. Chickens don't eat hay indeed. :p
          3. I can't say much about this one since I haven't really tried to beat Prairie King myself. Although if it really is a long game, being able to Pause would be nice.
          5. Smarter spouse? Yes.
          6. This please. It's frustrating to be running back and forth. I don't think this would be game-breaking.

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

1. Yes, I think this is a great idea, whistling or somehow summoning your horse to you would be really helpful
            2. I agree, I have heard people ask that the auto-fill system have an on/off switch, and it totally makes sense to have different kinds of feed for different animals
            3. I can't really say anything about this one. I had such a hard time with Prairie King that I cheated :nod:
            4. I don't think Marble should be a Gem but I do think it should be easier to get, or maybe even have someplace like a marble quarry where you have a really good chance of mining lots of marble
            5. Totally, your spouse should be much more adaptive, it makes no sense when you have sprinklers and your spouse is proud of watering the plants (yet doesn't touch the ones in the Greenhouse) or feeds animals when you don't have animals or they are inside and have hay to eat
            6. Maybe? Depends, I think maybe outside the coop or barn, since I have mayo/cheese machines setup, but overall yes, more than just 1 Shipping Container!
            7. I never really made it to the train to see anything happening. I am always busy doing something else
            8. Yes, it makes no sense your spouses room gets transferred but you can't DO anything with the room!

• k4ikd

k4ikd Space Hobo

Hi there,

Great suggestions - i wholeheartly agree whitch every single one of them - it would make the game so much better :)

Cheers

• serge17

Please share your opinion about my suggestions, so that dev could see it

• Saibara

Saibara Subatomic Cosmonaut

You can get marble using the Crystalarium.

• nash579

nash579 Astral Cartographer

1. I agree a whistle would be great, but I would not like the ability to teleport it through the map.
                    It should be able to run towards you on the same map. The player speed is something which
                    annoys me aswell. It is so artificial to eat 2 pepper poppers a day just to maintain the speedbonus.
                    It would be much more convincing to just get a permanent upgrade by +something so you would
                    gradually get faster in the game. I dont mean get the current bonus but add some speed to some meals
                    and keep the bonus for the duration of the game/year.

3. Can you not just alt tab out of the game? For me it freezes everytime Iam doing that

5. I agree to a certain extend. You partner should have a stronger impact on the farm but
                    I think in a much more characterspecific way.

Example: Haley should take care of cows, Emily lets you get new equipment options, Leah gets her own
                    garden, Sebastion improves your horse with a rocket turbo ^^ ( or let you use his motorcycle)
                    These I admit are probably really really bad examples.

7. I think the railstation is heavily underused. When I first catched a train I wondered what this
                    was all about. Didnt got anything and only saw later on youtube that you could get some items.

I think the whole drop item aspect of it is utterly boring. We should be able to visit other places
                    with the train like the desert for an extended amount of money (like 5000 gold) or obviously other
                    places which hopefully will come per dlc or expansion in the future.

If it really needs to be this whole drop item thing it at least should have a regular schedule (or atleast some hangout)
                    Trains just dont spawn out of nowhere and as a feature ingame I think they should be worthwhile your time.

11. Why make it so expensive? Its not that big of a deal but I agree it would be a nice addition. The only
                    real important one in the "endgame" is the 40% from artisan goods. But this is an entirely different problem.
                    as seen in 14.

12. I would love the opportunity for more "festival like" activities and less impactfull days in Stardew Valley,
                    however introduced and first funded by the player. Cook like 50 cakes, candies or something along those
                    lines to activate this event. While being at valentines day I think the player should actually have a birthday
                    and should get a friendboosting present from a single person ( you chose which one) or at least from his/her partner.

14. As long as sprinklers are as cheap as they are there will never be balance. The only thing which could change that
                    is to either remove them from the game or make them really really hard to get. As long as you can basically do whatever
                    you want and still get a whole farm worth of crops you will never be able to make something else slightly competetive without
                    breaking the midgame ( which i would call the first fall-second summer time).

But I do think that Animal care needs some small adjustments. Like visual indicators which pet you allready petted (correct word?).
                    Cows for example got as far as I can see no indicator if you allready milked them and in the usual chaos, which the barn represent
                    in addition the bad aiming system of your tools it is indeed very annoying to take care of your animals.

In my actual playthrough (early summer second year) I got a full barn and a full coop and earning like 6000 a day
                    which isnt that bad to pay for everything.
                    Obviously not enough to compete with a fully automated farm, but that once again will never change
                    as long as sprinklers are so cheap and powerful. Maybe add a watering bill ^^?

15. I dont know I got my trinity immediately in there this time, but in generell you are right.

16. Would love to be able to catch fish spawn in chests and release it in riverland farm or an aquarium.
                    In an aquarium there should be no star-fish I think.

P.s. I forgot nice work you put together there :)

• Mothership1953

Mothership1953 Void-Bound Voyager

I was just about to post a suggestion for more shipping boxes, but then I saw you'd already done so. YES! we need this sooo much! My morning routine is to tend to my coop animals, then my barn animals and then go to my Greenhouse. I'm constantly arriving in my Greenhouse with a full inventory because I forgot to go to the shipping box first. This is annoying and easily fixed with more shipping boxes in the coop, barn and Greenhouse. Even adding just one extra box in the Greenhouse would be very helpful.

• serge17

You are absolutely right. It is probably 1.11 thing, because i checked when i first posted this thread and it was impossible then.

Well maybe so but that isn't exactly solution right?

Thx for your input (especially Nash and Saibara)

• cabbagefermenter

cabbagefermenter Void-Bound Voyager

I was thinking about the train station and shipping too. I'd like to complete some quests related to the train:
                          1. Open the train for shipping freight. A quest to allow the farmer to ship a minimum of 100 items at a time from the train station and earn an extra 10% on the price.
                          2. A quest to open the train to more tourists/visitors. Quests for advertising Pelican Town as an art/fishing/restaurant/shopping/scientific research/museum/medical (or all the above) destination in different seasons. The reward would be dialog from characters about increased business and seeing some tourists around saying they like the place. (I would also pay 1000g for Pam to pick up tourists from Zuzu city on the bus from time to time.)

• serge17

Regarding train i would opt for another location - maybe jungle witch some pineapples or other exotic fruits (avocado? mango?). There is even some station like platform right there. Train would need to stop at them and be regular (10:00 AM every 2 days?)