1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Corrupted Save file need help!

Discussion in 'Support' started by ali.reza1044, Sep 11, 2016.

1. ali.reza1044

ali.reza1044 Space Hobo

hi
    my game is crashing when i go to sleep
    i'm on winter year 2
    and i think there's a problem with my save file because other save's are working fine
    i uploaded the save file i would really be thankful if you could fix it for me

the crash report is:

Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    InnerException:
    Stack Trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    at StardewValley.Crop.newDay(Int32 state, Int32 fertilizer, Int32 xTile, Int32 yTile, GameLocation environment) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer\Crop.cs:line 304
    at StardewValley.TerrainFeatures.HoeDirt.dayUpdate(GameLocation environment, Vector2 tileLocation) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer\TerrainFeatures\HoeDirt.cs:line 387
    at StardewValley.GameLocation.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 1890
    at StardewValley.Game1.newDayAfterFade() in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3961
    at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2787
    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1462
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 31

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    • ali.reza1044

ali.reza1044 Space Hobo

• NexusAlpha

NexusAlpha Void-Bound Voyager

Give this a try:

In the save game folder there should be a file called Nikoo_124119315_old. Rename the current Nikoo_124119315 to something (@@Nikoo_124119315_Backup if you need inspiration) and then remove the _old from the other file.

Do this also for the SaveGameInfo file and hopefully you won't lose too much progress.

Just by looking at the file size I would day they are probably corrupted.

• NexusAlpha

NexusAlpha Void-Bound Voyager

• ali.reza1044

ali.reza1044 Space Hobo

thanks for your answer
        Unfortunately there's no file like this and the main file is 1.53 MB
        what else can i do?

• LeelooMultipass

LeelooMultipass Intergalactic Tourist

I tried your save file and it loads fine and if I then go straight back to sleep, the next day starts up fine too.

Are you running the latest version of the game? If you don't have any save files ending with _old then perhaps you're using a version before 1.07 and are hitting a bug that got fixed after that?

• ali.reza1044

ali.reza1044 Space Hobo

thank you
            my game is not the latest version i will try to update it
            I'll post back the result here

• ali.reza1044

ali.reza1044 Space Hobo

Hey guys
              I have updated the game to the latest version and everything is working fine:DD
              No saving problem:confirm:
              Thanks guys