Pixel Coricus' Starbound-styled sprites

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Coricus, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Coricus

Coricus Subatomic Cosmonaut

So my name is Coricus, and. . .basically I've been following the progress of a mod that I like for a bit (Marinebeast's Squids in Space Inkling mod, specifically), and I've been having some "ooh, wouldn't THIS be cool to see in Starbound" moments from time to time. The thing is though, not all of them are of squids or kids. And since I'm code illiterate and it seems as though looking at the mod section that mod requests are typically ignored, I don't really have much to do with them.

So I figured since they were designed specifically with Starbound in mind anyway, I could put any non-squid sprites I make in a fan art thread for now rather than just leave them to sit on my computer.

Here's what I've made so far.
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

So far it's a Smash Bros themed stall, a Mega Man plush, a Souflee plush (Souflee are a type of enemy in Kid Icarus: Uprising that basically does nothing but run away and drops a ton of money if you kill it), a Monoeye plush (a type of enemy from the Kid Icarus series), and a fountain from the Palutena's Temple stage in Super Smash Bros for Wii U, both with and without water!

. . .(I seem to have left some empty space around the stall and forgotten to save an editable version of the Mega Man plush. Aaand come to think of it the stall tarp design wouldn't work in anything mirrored. Whoops!)

But anyway. . .yeah, I just felt like I'd designate some space for anything extra I make. I hope someone enjoys seeing these! Feel free to use them if you want to.

*EDIT* Doot doot-doot-doot doot-doot doooot-doooot.

. . .I added a Monoeye plush to the mix! Don't worry, it's made out of stuffing and not souls, so this one won't try to kill you. :nurutease:

*EDIT EDIT* Adding these to the OP. Big Malasada and Fresh Water food items, respectively. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Crossfang, Alkanthe and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  2. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I see pixel art, I press like. xD

Coricus likes this.
  3. Coricus

I made a fountain based off of one sitting in one corner of the Palutena's Temple stage on Super Smash Bros for Wii U!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Both with and without where the water streams would be shown.

Adding it to the OP.

4. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

what a nice fountain you got there. You should've animated the water. xD

5. Coricus

I am. . .extremely rusty.

But I've been thinking for a while now that I wanted to try to take some of the food sprites I saw in another game and make them work in the Starbound art style.

I positioned them on official Starbound inventory backdrops for reference and style.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It's a Big Malasada and a Fresh Water, both from Pokemon.

I was just going to try to see if I could do a beverage of some kind, but then I remembered all the malasada memes and figured, "You know what? May as well make a malasada."

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Alkanthe likes this.