1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Copy files & server world to Mac from PC

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Greenghost, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Greenghost

Greenghost Orbital Explorer

Hi!
    I started a server up on my pc to play with a friend, but ongoing, I think I'd like to copy everything to a Mac I have running 24/7. What do I need to copy over onto the MAC to run the same world? Do I need to just copy over the entire starbound folder from my PC?

Help!! =D

2. sneppid

sneppid Yeah, You!

Copy the universe folder over into the Mac Starbound directory. If you've already got a home planet, its world will be a worldfile inside this folder.

In order for the new server to use this as the default spawn point for new characters on your server, you will need to edit default_configuration.config inside the Mac assets folder:

Code:
      "useDefaultWorldCoordinate" : true,
      "defaultWorldCoordinate" : "alpha:-xxxxxx:-xxxxxx:-xxxxxx:xx:x",

Obviously using the actual coordinates from your home .world filename, otherwise your buddies are going to find themselves above a completely random planet potentially lightyears from your homeworld. And noone wants that!