RELEASED Cooking Skill 1.1.6

Improve cooking a bit.

1. Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

There seems to be a bit of a situation with your serializer and the one @Entoarox uses, as he explained here. Is there a possibility of this being fixed/made compatible or am I just going to have to drop either mod for compatibility purposes? :/
    I re-attach the log, although it's already posted in the discussion mentioned above. For accessibility.

Attached Files:

• spacechase0

spacechase0 Ketchup Robot

Um... I don't use a serializer. Why do you think it is the Cooking Skill mod?

• Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

@foghorn said so. I REALLY don't know shit about mods, so if someone says you use a serializer I'll have to believe. User level computing skills life :(

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

@spacechase0 You don't use a serializer override for your Cooking Skill & Luck Skill mods? o_O

• spacechase0

Nope. Luck has a level in vanilla, and for Cooking Skill I just extend Farmer.experiencePoints (which vanilla serializes correctly).

In fact, if you remove the mod, your luck levels will still work (but maybe not the professions?). Cooking levels should remain, but they won't do anything.

foghorn likes this.
            • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

*Inserts foot in mouth* Thank you, mea culpa, my bad, etc.,..

• oldfarmer93

oldfarmer93 Void-Bound Voyager

I got a small problem with your mod. When I first installed it I got this error

[12:24:36 TRACE SMAPI] Cooking Skill used Mod.PathOnDisk, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                [12:24:36 DEBUG Cooking Skill] [CookingSkill] Failed to load icon: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Stardew Valley\Mods\CookingSkill\iconA.png'.
                at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
                at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
                at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
                at CookingSkill.CookingSkillMod.gameLoaded(Object sender, EventArgs args) in c:\Users\Chase\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CookingSkill\CookingSkill\CookingSkillMod.cs:line 204

From what I understood is that it couldn't load the icon for the skill because I named the folder "Cooking Skill" instead of "CookingSkill". I fixed that and ran the game again; no error this time, but the icon wasn't showing in the Skills menu. Today I installed the Experience Bars mod, and when I toggle the xp bars, the icon for the cooking skill is properly shown, but in the Skill menu, the skill still got the dice icon(like it had when the folder was named wrongly and I got the error above).

I attached two screenshots of the game.
                Xp bars toggled.jpg Skills menu.jpg

• MitcheII

MitcheII Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there, I'm having a similar issue to oldfarmer93, wherein tootips from other skills sit below the level bar for Cooking as well as the fact that it's unable to load the Skill's icon. I've attached some screen shots as well as my error log in hopes that this will help.

Attached Files:

• Alvin Wu

Alvin Wu Poptop Tamer

Hey the image for the cooking skill doesnt work, can you fix it??

• jcfinal

jcfinal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How do you supposedly install this?

• willowchat

willowchat Space Hobo

Hello, I too would like to know how to properly install this. I cant get it to work. I have the latest 1.11 version and SMAPI, and have a bunch of mods that do work so I think I know how to install most mods correctly...any tips or ideas? TY!

• Zelts

Zelts Void-Bound Voyager

So, I chose the Satisfying skill, I really enjoy having 25% food buff duration. I didn't know Secret Spices only buffed for two and a half minutes-ish, and was pretty bummed I took it. I saw your reply about this skill adding to the farmer.experience, so I assumed it added to your name_number save file as well. Found 51 and 55 under professions. Changed 55 to 54 and voila! I had Intense Flavors instead. Am I right in guessing that the others are 50 for Gourmet, 52 for Efficient, and 53 for Professional Chef?

@willowchat The mod author might need more info. Is there red script in your SMAPI command window? If so, find the folder that has your saves in it, but go into ErrorLogs instead and attach the one that has "latest" in the name to your post. Does your mod folder have separate folders for each mod? I'm using mine with SMAPI 1.8, (1.9 is for SDV 1.2) and it works fine with 31 mods installed. If you still have problems, try cooking a bunch of something easy like bread or fried eggs and see if your level goes up overnight.

• spacechase0

Sorry, I'm not much of a support person. :p

I'll try to get and look into the things mentioned soon. I'm working on some things for the MP mod right now.

It's been so long, I honestly can't remember which professions are which. :p But the answer is essentially yes. You can see which is which here.

• Zelts

Zelts Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome, thank you. I can guess things here and there, but I don't know the first thing about coding. xP I took a Java class a long time ago, but none of it retained. I really miss Ruby in the RPG Maker games, though. I'm a little shaky on installing SMAPI 1.9. since it's now for 1.11, but I'll probably do it when an interesting mod pops up for it, seeing as all of the mods I have work fine in 1.8 at the moment. If it ain't broke don't fix it! xD

Love the mod, by the way. I feel like I'm cheating with Teh's Fishing Overhaul, though. Having 200+ Iridium Quality Sashimi is... well, I don't gotta worry about energy or health. Ever. lol

• Inkweaver22

Inkweaver22 Phantasmal Quasar

So this mod is no longer compatible with the latest 1.2 update.

• spacechase0

Darn.

Well, the update probably won't come today.

Inkweaver22 likes this.
                                  • Zelts

Zelts Void-Bound Voyager

Well, that didn't last long. Opened SDV today just to play the mod update game. Wheeee... my favorite... I suppose it does make using a gamepad better.

Looking forward to your update, though. Godspeed and good luck!

• spacechase0

• spacechase0

Inkweaver22 likes this.
                                    • NonanteSeize

NonanteSeize Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having extreme lag (1fps) because my console spams an error message about this mod, post update.
                                      The error started looping after eating some food.
                                      [22:05:10 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
                                      System.FormatException: Incorrect entry string format.
                                      at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer & number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
                                      at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
                                      at System.Convert.ToInt32(String Value)
                                      at CookingSkill.Mod.update(Object sender, EventArgs args) in C:\Users\Chase\Desktop\StardewValley\CookingSkill\CookingSkill\Mod.cs:line 255
                                      at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InsternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable'1 handlers, Object sender, EventArg args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 46

(I had to transcribe it all by hand so sorry if there is a typo or two.)
                                      Imgur screencap (I use french locale so a few sentences are in french, I translated them as I could in my transcription.)
                                      CJBShowItemPrice
                                      CookingSkill
                                      DailyFriendshipIncreaser
                                      GiftTasteHelper
                                      LovedLabels
                                      LuckSkill
                                      NPCMapLocation
                                      PrairieKingMadeEasy
                                      RecatchLegendaryFish
                                      RushOrders
                                      Better quality more seeds
                                      Part of the Community
                                      SimpleSprinkler
                                      SkipIntro
                                      SpourseRoomMod
                                      TimeSpeed
                                      TrainerMod

Also, in the skill page, my luck and cooking skill's bars are on the same row so they are kind of merged.

By the way, SMAPI's console says things about CookingSkill and LuckSkill on startup.
                                      [21:50:07 WARN SMAPI] Cooking Skill used Command.RegistereCommand, which is deprecated since SPAMI 1.9. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                                      [21:50:07 WARN SMAPI] Luck Skill used Mod.Entry(object[]) instead of Mod.Entry(IModHelper), which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                                      [21:50:07 WARN SMAPI] Cooking Skill used GameEvents.LoadContent, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.10. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                                      [21:50:07 INFO Cooking Skill] Experience Bars not found.
                                      [21:50:07 INFO Cooking Skill] Luck Skill not found.
                                      [21:50:07 INFO Cooking Skill] [CookingSkill] All professions not found.
                                      [21:50:07 WARN SMAPI] Luck Skill used the Log class, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.10. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                                      [21:50:07 DEBUG Luck Skill] Experience Bars not found
                                      [21:50:07 DEBUG Luck Skill] All Professions not found.

EDIT: I have to add that I don't have ExperienceBars or AllProfessions installed.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017