Modding Help Controlled flight tech?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by shadowd15, Apr 25, 2015.

1. shadowd15

shadowd15 Pangalactic Porcupine

Could someone help me make a custom flight tech? I was thinking something in the style of Terraria-- where it would let you "boost" a certain number of times, and then allow you to glide and control your fall.

2. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Sounds like bubbleboost oo

3. shadowd15

Does it? How does that work? I haven't had the chance to use it yet...

4. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Uhm... It consumes energy / sec (you can modify that tho), has a speed value (can also be modified), basically you press space, one of 8 directions (8-cross way, like gamesticks) and float in that direction.

5. shadowd15

Hmm... Maybe I'll just modify that...
    Though I was really hoping for something that doesn't necessarily cost energy but rather will basically move you up and left or right for a certain amount of time as long as you hold space, and after that you'll be able to glide slowly to the ground by holding space or let go to crash and fall.

6. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Hm... how about taking bubbleboost as a base, adding a time-value, after the stat ended you add the lowgrav stat and once that ends you're influenced by the normal planets gravity?

7. shadowd15

How would I do that? Could you, like... tutorial-ish me?

8. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Well, I can try to create a sample tech, but I'm not sure how to do that myself, never done it, so could take a while, lol.

9. shadowd15

Also, you've been so helpful with all the questions I've asked lately. Just wanted to say thank you for that.

10. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Oh well, at least I'm trying, lol, but you're welcome.

And I have to admit I'm too bad yet to do what I suggested, but it is in fact possible. Sadly it requires Lua, and Lua is my bane (yet).
    Doesn't even look too hard if you know what you're doing, but well, I have to pass on this, sry. q.q

11. shadowd15

It's fine! I'll figure it out eventually. Thank you for your help!
    Lua is also the bane of my existence, so I understand.