1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Construction Ideas 2.0

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RedPanda_Warrior, Sep 5, 2016.

?

What's your favorite racial decoration theme?

1. Floran (Tribal, Primitive, Gruesome)

13.2%
  2. Avian (Tribal, Mesoamerican, Worship)

5.5%
  3. Apex (Ultramodern, Dystopian, Science)

19.8%
  4. Human ( Protectorate, USCM, Waste)

13.2%
  5. Hylotl (Ornate, Knowledge, Technology)

30.8%
  6. Glitch (Steampunk,Medieval, Robotic)

17.6%
  1. JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

... yeah, sure, why the heck not. Any advice for good options of large-scale screenshots, other than just taking a bunch and composting them in photoshop?

2. Nerd-with-a-Pencil

Nerd-with-a-Pencil Title Not Found

Right now, I'm making plans for an asteroid base/marketplace/pirate village; sort of like a divine fusion of Tortuga and Jakku. Right now, I'm just farming rusty metal and such, and grinding for materials to make a cooler EPP to get lots of Deadbeat rust stuff to help the scavenger aesthetic I'm going for. Expect pics once I properly get started!

3. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

There is a mod that adds x1 zoom level... but that's about the only other option to photostiching

4. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Floran sees what you did! Very clever, taking over fissshman house. Floran approves of hissstorical propriety. Also great decor. Floran feels at home jussst looking at picture.

bearffalo, JarinArenos and Tamorr like this.
  5. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

I literally just started working on a massive B.Y.O.S (Build Your Own Ship) project. I was inspired by another thread to do this, someone posted a Flying Fortress they made with BYOS. It's going to be similar, but with a different layout. The captains quarters (with my captains chair, fuel hatch, and other things) is going to be in a large glass dome on top of the ship, but not in the middle like a UFO. It will be on the east wing. It will include areas for all races. The main theme will probably outpost/sanatized, So the inside would look like a futuristic version of a large cruiser/The Titanic. No pics yet, I literally just started.

Nerd-with-a-Pencil likes this.
  6. RedPanda_Warrior

Progress update and some news: I now have a finished captains quarters, a large restaurant(A sort of outside but not really restaurant, has a tiered stone fountain in the center, with some tables. There is also a chef room with a balcony overlooking the restuaraunt. The background for the actual thing is glass. I also have a protectorate commemoration room, with protectorate items I /admined in (I always build with /admin). It has the protectorate banners a long with the racial banners. There are 4 paintings: the one of Leda Portia, The one of Esther Bright, the one of the first ever protector, and one of the first ever non human protector. There are also 3 display cases: one has a matter manipulator, one has a book, and the last one has a robe. I have my crafting room with a random room next to it which can take me up to the captains quarters. I can also access my quarters through the hall leading to my resteraunt. At the top of the front part, there is a data room (has some of the old removed USCM bunker stuff in them, like the moon hologram, the planet data screen, etc). Acrossthe hall (a rail elevator leads up to this hall) is the aquarium which has 4 tanks which you walk over. One for normal ocean, one for Arctic Ocean, one for poison ocean, and one for magma ocean. All gave fish in them: some are caught, some just are critters. They were all caught with the relocator. I have a Hylotl store, and some apartments: so far one for every race except novakid(coming soon). Two are vertical and can only be acessed via rail elevator. The rest you need to the elevator to get to a small hallway which has apartments on top, each with a shop hatch at the bottom. The hatches also have built in platforms, so they are easy to access. Lastly, I have a apex research lab. I'll have to make a different acount for some reason to post pictures, but some should be coming soon!

7. RedPanda_Warrior

Why is this dying?
    I added a greenhouse and a ship dock to my ship.

8. JarinArenos

Update on ocean city... demolished a few islands to make actual open ocean space. Demolished entire hylotl city for parts (fishmansss cannot esscape), then ran smack into chunk loading problems when trying to make an elevator from my surface platform down to the ocean floor. Elevators really don't work properly if you can't load both ends of them (the platforms just bounce) so I'm having to make several intermediate "viewing decks" on the way down.

[​IMG]

9. RedPanda_Warrior

Lol... We posted something at the same time...

10. Nerd-with-a-Pencil

Nerd-with-a-Pencil Title Not Found

I don't think this is dying. My game, however, did, and I'm putting the Asteroid base on ice. Now to think of something Apex themed to make...

11. RedPanda_Warrior

An apex Miniknog Stronghold?
    An apex apartment complex?
    A giant research lab?
    A- um, Apex version of the Death Star?
    I ideas very good.

12. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

Floran made elevator from jussst below sssurfaccce to jussst above sssea floor. One ride.

13. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Prison/Concentration camp
    Military base, whenether Miniknog or Rebel
    Bunker (maybe abandoned?)
    Research centre
    Mining colony/Gulag
    Giant factory
    City (go on marathon of Bladerunner, 1984, Judge Dredd and Hunger Games before starting, also replay Half-Life 2 for good measure)

Decisions, decisions...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  14. RedPanda_Warrior

====New Ship Additions===

An avian restuaraunt
    A music room. Installed more radios mod and musical merchants.
    It's got the club decks, and 4 soundtrack radios: Ruin boss theme, Ruin exploration theme, Battle 1(heard during the protectorate and the Miniknog stronghold, and Battle 3(heard during Asra Nox and Big Ape boss fights)

15. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  16. JarinArenos

Was it just one-way? Or could it reset afterwards? I'm trying to make it so that the elevator doesn't get left at one end, so it can always go up or down, regardless of where you start.

17. RedPanda_Warrior

Sad, something just removed all my characters, Including the BYOS one I was working on... Looking into mod updates to find the faulty mod. I did find one that was sept 19 which is the day that it started (and also the day I am posting this. Hello future!)

18. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

Floran have lift plansss like regular lift but requiring wiring extendersss. Or gatesss are ussseful to extend commandsss.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Floran ssstartsss with basssic two-floor lift. The right quad of gatesss isss controlled by the lift call buttonsss and controlsss the rail ssstop sssuch that the lift will only ssstop on one of the two floorsss. The left quad of gatesss isss controlled by the right quad of gatesss, and will be iterated on each of the two floorsss.

[​IMG]

Here lift isss on the top floor. Sssince lift only has two floorsss, lift doesss not need to be told which direction to go, ssso no added gatesss are required. However, sssince lift is very, very long, Floran needed to add extendersss along ssside of lift.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are three extendersss, which are all Or gatesss, for there are three commandsss that need to be extended: The call button at the top floor, the button to sssend the lift to the bottom floor, and the command that comesss from the right quad to the top floor's quad that, like the bottom floor, passssessss the command for the rail ssstop asss well asss controlsss the light and door through the added function of the rail sssensssor. Floran needed to extend the commandsss four timesss.

Floran cannot take credit for lift, asss lift wasss made firssst by ssstarman named Eonwulf.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    SenikCouper and Pangaea like this.
  19. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

That was a very informative video. I knew how logic gates work thanks to programming but it helped to see how they are implemented in Starbound. Ended up watching several of his videos.

20. RedPanda_Warrior

Problems fixed, now character and ship are back. I finished the greenhouse(adding the rest of the crops) made tweaks to the club room, and added a large library.