RELEASED Configurable Shipping Dates

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by Nishtra, Nov 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Update 22.11.2016
    Mod version 1.1.1. Fixed an issue with config paths. Sorry for the inconvenience.

At request of manafruit

2 days shipping cycle

stardew_valley_delayed_shipping_demo.gif

Link to Nexus

Ever felt like putting items in the shipping bin and getting the profits the same day made the game too easy? Or maybe that it made stores much less needed and important? Or just felt sorry for Mayor Lewis, who had to come for your items every night? With this mod you can set your own dates for shipping items. Maybe once every 2 days, or once a week, or even once a month? Make the game a bit harder, give some rest to Lewis and make storekeepers feel needed!

The mod basically takes all items from the shipping bin at the end of day, saves to file and puts them back in the morning of the next day. You won't even see a shipping menu until the date to sell everything comes. And starting from version 1.1 you can use ingame calendar to set shipping dates.

ConfigurableShippingDates Calendar.jpg

onlyBillboardInTown: add slightly more realism - allows changing shipping dates only on the billboard in town.
    deductTax: a little discouragement for using shipping bin. All items cost a "tax" percent less.
    tax: how much of an item price is deducted when you ship items.

Note: this mod uses per-save configs, so every character is saved separately. The config file will be created after loading a character for the first time.

Known issue 1: The marks in the calendar can interfere with tooltips. Since the mod doesn't create it's own menu, but rather draws above an existing calendar this is not game breaking, but it can be annoying and most likely is unfixable.
    Known issue 2: The next morning after shipping items the game doesn't show a message with how many days are left until the next shipping date.

Personal note: No apparent issues were found when running both this and Kithio's Better Shipping Box mods. And with rare shippings it greatly helps managing the contents of the shipping bin.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
      manafruit likes this.
    • bluesaka111

bluesaka111 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

nice mod.
      about crash with new character then I think you can just simply make the mod Ignore 3 days ( 31 Winter 1 Spring 2 Spring) every year and start the cycle again at day 3 Spring so It will solve the problem. And your beloved major needs sometimes with his Marnie too. So maybe let him have 3 days off is good :p

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

The bug was caused by the mod trying to get a name of the character's save folder (to create a config file) before it was created. I added a couple of flags to check the status of save folder and config file and it worked fine, so the Mayor won't be getting more days off (sorry, Marnie). The note is there just in case something I didn't notice goes wrong.

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

UPDATE
          Added GUI. Now player can change shipping dates from calendar menu. The shipping doesn't need to occur at equal periods of time anymore.
          Added a HUD message that informs how many days are left until the next shipping.
          Added an option to deduct a tax from an item price when selling through shipping bin.
          Fixed names and prices of different items with same index (wines, jellies, pickles, etc.) being reset to default values.

Uploaded versions for both SMAPI 0.40 and SMAPI 1.1. Downloads are in the top post. Both are fully working, but I recommend using SMAPI 1.1 since it has better handling of mouse events and most likely I will be updating only this version (unless the changes are minor)

I would greatly appreciate feedback, especially concerning GUI (marks image and sounds) and bugs (if you encounter any).

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016