1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[Confession]What has been the worst thing you did on Starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FIowey, Aug 6, 2016.

1. FIowey

FIowey Subatomic Cosmonaut

I flooded a Hylotl underwater city and then dropped a single block of poison to see them all slowy dying :>

(Fun fact: I'm currently playing a Floran :>>>>)

2. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

The worst I've done was actually an accident. Done on pre-release candidate of 1.0; ie 0.8 on unstable branch.

Started a quest with a guard at the edge of a floran village. Walk about 10-15 blocks over to the location; saw army of scientists. Scientists pushed me back towards guard, and I accidentally used my spears secondary attack "whirling blade".
    Suffice to say I had to kill the guard. The very guard that gave me the quest in the first place. Lost a floran merchant that was residing in the first house. The hobbit style ones. Went over the hill into another yard, and the second guard that was agro wanted my put down. Lost Civilian floran I was working on to become crew member, as well a couple others before I finally finished off that second guard.

Since the two houses there at the entrance were unoccupied I decide it was time to have a foothold; by placing colony deeds in each. I later joined the two rooms, but that is another story.

Other than that, I really haven't done much worse. And that time was only an accident. I am passive unless attacked. I haven't even looted a single village with that character until a couple days ago. Looting as in looking inside chests and what not, and not taking furniture/blocks. Although have remodeled and added to a couple of the villages...

So the second worst would be stealing from the glitch. Although technically, at least by the game mechanics, it is not really stealing. Wonder if that was intended. Regardless I haven't done much.

that is sure one way to off the rivalry of the past. :nurutease:

Ablekaine likes this.
  3. Wazamaga

Wazamaga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Back in pre-1.0 SB I once killed an entire village of the mushroom people(Agaran, I think they were called?) for no other reason than I didn't like them. It felt like they were mocking me and I exacted probably ill-warranted revenge. I don't regret it but it was pretty gruesome.

Ablekaine likes this.
  4. Koh

Koh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@FIowey
    The worst as evil or the worst as a mistake?

@Wazamaga
    Where did you get that info. about the Mushroom people? I mean, this "Agaran" term?

5. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

Loot ALL the containers in the universe and punch holes in walls. I'm actually a goodie two-shoes who actually puts his weapon away when enemies surrender.

Harintosh and Speed Lightning like this.
  6. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Found an underground mini bunker with a scientist in it. Collected up all the materials said bunker was made from, dug down til I found lava with the scientist following me. He took a lava bath.

dekar_serverbot likes this.
  7. Thee Pie Man

Thee Pie Man Subatomic Cosmonaut

I threw a hive wondering if it kills fellow players without PVP on.

It does.

8. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They've always been called Agarans, though it was more apparent back when they had their own Codex, "The Agaran Menace"
    Considering the Codex is removed, I am unsure if they are making changes to their lore or what.

http://starbounder.org/Agaran

9. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I outright murdered one of those neutral pitch-black-with-green-glowing-eyes NPCs because I they looked evil. Only when I got an achievement for killing an innocent NPC did I realize what I'd done.

Mauci, DesVoeux, Ablekaine and 2 others like this.
  10. Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

The cloning glitch happened to me and it cloned my crew members. I lead one of them into a lava pit and covered it up with dirt.

11. Koh

Koh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah. I never was able to pick any of those codex. And I was wondering why everytime I find fungus villages there are libraries in their houses but they're always empty.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Well, going on-topic:

- The worst thing (intentional): :spider:
    I was exploring the desert with my sister and 2 friends, when suddenly we reached a big and open area full of humans! A lot of them camping and having fun amidst the desert. It was a sort of hipster and millenial meeting. The point is that we started assaulting them, and looting everything! By coincidence I was wearing the Desert Cloak and the whole set, and I looked like some kind of terrorist. There were Guards there with Durasteel armors that were pretty tough, but we still beat'em all. After looting everything, my friends and sister decided to spare those human lives, but I went back, digged a big hole with all humans inside, and started throwing molotov bombs until they died slowly, until that placed become "deserted" again.

- The worst thing (mistake): :cry:
    I found my first swamp village with those frogs dudes and was checking if they could tell me something. One of them sold me rare and nice stuffs for decorating. I wasn't aware there was an active Quest where I had to kill some bandits nearby that came through the swamp village and started shooting. I was willing to defend my new frog bros., but instead that I killed two of them. I wasn't aware that I had friendly fire against them.

- The worst thing (technical): :facepalm:
    After been played a long session of +40 Hrs on Multiplayer LAN building some nice, habitable, fashionable and functional structures, I decided to check the starbound_server.config file and started experimenting with it. I saw its big red button that said: <<"clearPlayerFiles" : false,"clearUniverseFiles" : false>>, and turn them into <<"clearPlayerFiles" : true,"clearUniverseFiles" : true>>... And then... Well, it didn't end well at all.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    Axl4325 likes this.
  12. Mr.PotatoFudge

Mr.PotatoFudge Phantasmal Quasar

13. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I accidentally killed a guy in the Midnight biome wearing the vanity set when I randomly jumped and used my alt attack with Asra Knox's Sword.

Got Villain achievement. Cried.

MightyUnitato, Ablekaine and Jonesy like this.
  14. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I did exactly the same thing, except with a different sword.

15. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

Pre-1.0, was exploring a Garden planet for some vanity stuff. Found the guranteed mine camp and saw that the guy there was being attacked, so I pulled out my Ferozium Rifle and fired.

I forgot you could attack NPCs.

Axl4325 likes this.
  16. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

i thrown my first monster i got accidenty in the trash (so that it would be gone forever) insteed the healing station i build. i was sad...

17. MahBucket

MahBucket Cosmic Narwhal

I trashed my Broken Broadsword.

18. Sairyu

Sairyu Subatomic Cosmonaut

on hot planet I have been attackted by those blue skin humanoids and... Well I miscalculated and there ware also some cilvilians blue skin humanoids aswell
    and cilvilian got klled by cross fire >.>;

so.... I Got Villain achievement...

Anuril likes this.
  19. Ax Stark

Ax Stark Void-Bound Voyager

Pre 1.0, i went exterminatus against an entire Floran tribe, because they threatened to eat me !
    They are all dead by now and their village destroyed, their trophy taken.

I played a Hylotl ronin on this one Ü

20. FIowey

FIowey Subatomic Cosmonaut

As evil :>