1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Completing Civilizations First.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by quakeman00, Jan 16, 2016.

1. quakeman00

quakeman00 Pangalactic Porcupine

just saw the post on the site about the new biome ... neat but can we finish the first civilizations?

what we have so far
    human passive [ ] aggressive [x] (x - [the prisons / USCM control center])
    apex passive [x] aggressive [x] (big ape town - labs)
    avian passive [x] aggressive [x] (avian sanctuary - [temples / towers / tombs])
    floran passive [x] aggressive [x] (floran forest - floran volcano torture site)
    hylotl passive [ ] aggressive [ ] (x - x)
    glitch passive [x] aggressive [x] (glitch kingdom - castles)
    novakid passive [ ] aggressive [ ] (x - x)

so few civilizations left to introduce yet these are the ones im the most interested in , especially the hylotls.
    human , hylotl and novakids have also great props in the code (admin options to drop them) but there is no legit way to get them.

id just like to see town for the playable species instead of more little dungeons you'll ether just past by to collect everything or kill the few people living there then moving on. at least in civilizations city you can trade and get things done and acquire specific loots and in their dungeons you get a chalenge and an average weapon loot with some techs.

if there could be an answer on if anyone know if they're on development or why they aren't?

2. jakecool19

jakecool19 Pangalactic Porcupine

On the wiki it says on there will be underwater hylotl cities but, right now its probably not a high priority at the moment because they are doing so much work on the progression system. Humans and novakids I really haven't heard anything about.

3. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Dungeons I'd like to see in the game are:

Passive:
    • Human settlement (similar to something like the one in James Cameron's Avatar, military heavy)
    • Apex refugee/rebel town
    • Devout ancient avian village (Followers of Kluex, religious structures of worship)
    • Educated floran settlement (full of npcs similar to the floran scholar at the outpost, more advanced/recycled building style with old floran tradition mixed in)
    • Traditional Hylotl village (actual villages, not the individual buildings on islands like we have now)
    • Hylotl ocean city
    • Glitch outcast settlement (steampunk theme for this would be nice)
    • Novakid town (complete with a saloon)
    Aggressive:
    • Miniknog sci-fi dungeon (like the old one, but with a Miniknog theme)
    • Novakid outlaw hideout
    • Cultist hideout (I would love to see these guys get their own, full blown dungeon with spooky things in them)
    • Bandit structures (mixed race, could be old bases and bunkers taken over and renovated by bandits, maybe something like this, but inhabited by bandits)
    • Space stations (could be human or apex)
    • Abandoned moon base (similar to the Erchius Mining Facility mission, but much more decrepit and smaller)
    I also feel like some of the already existing dungeons could be expanded upon. Towns could have separate districts like a residential and market district (the avian villages sort of do this). Towns could use more subterranean parts to them, like homes having basements and shops having storage areas underneath them. Maybe even have visible sewer systems underneath the ground running throughout the entire town. They need to feel more lively.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  4. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, yes please! ALL of this!
    Sad thing that I can only "like" your post once!

Each of your suggestion would just bring just so much more life and depth into Starbound's universe.
    Especially the apex rebel and glitch outcast settlements seem like a neccessity!

5. Noir Korrane

Noir Korrane Pangalactic Porcupine

There are Passive Hylotl settlements in the game.

I've encountered small, hylotl buildings with maybe 2-3 hylotls, farms and similar stuff on the islands on ocean planets.

Its not a "settlement" but there are hylotl structures and NPCs wandering around.

Tamorr likes this.
  6. Mikhaos

Mikhaos Pangalactic Porcupine

All of this :up:

7. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

The real shame is that while many races have passive or aggressive settlements, there are no passive-aggressive settlements. :p

Except Avali, but they're a mod.

8. Noir Korrane

Noir Korrane Pangalactic Porcupine

I dunno, playing a hylotl makes the Floran settlements pretty passive-aggressive.

Coricus likes this.
  9. Monijir

Monijir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is a pretty well put together list. How about y'all build some prototypes in game, vote on the favourite and I'll build a mod for it? I've sort of always wondered if the community would like to do something like that, collaborate between builders and modders to make better content.
    Oh, the hylotl ocean city files are in the game right now, you just have to change terrestrialworlds.config to make it spawn in the ocean. Missing all the rooms though, so it's a bit like rapture, freaking spooky.

10. quakeman00

you got a screenshot of that?

11. Monijir

No.

12. Monijir

[​IMG]
    Copy this into your Starbound/user/ folder to add the unfinished hylotl ocean city to ocean planets.

13. quakeman00

realy hope someone from chuckle fish find this , i understand that its just a post from 1 guy whitout lots of responces but this will bring alot more to the atmosphere to the game, i understand that its just a reskin of other colonies that are already in places but the lack of them make it empty for the playable races lore.

14. quakeman00

MY PRAYERS HAS BEEN ANSWERED

15. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Oh? How? Care to elaborate ?