Communication-Related Ideas from Yours Truly!

Discussion in 'Other' started by Makom, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Makom

Makom Master Chief

Helloooo, and a great big western how-- DRAT! Genre mismatch. Okay, I'll have to go with the tired old "welcome to this small bit of a significant subcomponent of a small corner of the interlinked collection of textual, visual, audible, and interactive digital information collectively dubbed "the World Wide Web" metaphor.

ANYWAY.

I have a few ideas here, and they're all nicely packed into these list tags for all and sundry to argue over! X3
    • If this hasn't been implemented already, there should be "datatabs" or something similar (datatablets, whatever you want to call them) - the player can write arbitrary chunks of text with arbitrary names while ingame, for journals, logs, or just notes; they should also be able to take pictures. It'd be kind of quaint I think to have the pictures be all black and white and a bit grainy, just to evoke "atmosphere."
    • I humbly suggest that there be added into the game two things: A) a built-in player-to-players voice communication system and :cool: a built-in adjustable voice morpher for that system, so as to ensure privacy. I've noticed that the vanilla multiplayer experience of most games is lacking really effective communication between players, since you can't play and type, and a voice morpher combined with ingame voice chat would solve that perfectly. (The morpher would be for those who like their privacy, of which I am one!)

And that's all, folks! Now you can either argue over these, refine them, criticise my atrocious spelling or just breeze on by.

2. PuppyVolcano

PuppyVolcano Subatomic Cosmonaut

In game voice chat is usually an incredibly fiddly thing to put into a game, not to mention the fact that there are tonnes of free programs out there that allow you to chat with your pals while playing a game

3. GigaNova

GigaNova Cosmic Narwhal

^That and i think it will use chat like Terraria does.

For writing logbooks, that would be interesting. I would like to write down my adventures.

4. Chikara

Chikara Orbital Explorer

You could bind some some basic messages to some otherwise unused keys (like F1 - F7) so that it would summon a speech bubble above the player saying something. The most basic messages that i would want to use in a hurry would be like:

( Let's go! | Wait for me! | Run for your lives! )
    ( Follow me! )

Such systems a quite common in many team based FPS games. Should be fairly simple to implement.

5. Makom

Makom Master Chief

Mm, didn't realize that it was so hard to implement. I've never looked into it myself, just thought it'd be convenient...