Modding Help Common Treaty Organization Mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Gniolliv, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soldierfast90

soldierfast90 Pangalactic Porcupine

Whynaut S P A C E C O M M U N I S T S.

But I think the best choice for these guys to have this kind of tech would be a sort of "rogue" human faction that began to expand in their operations due to the destruction of Earth, similar to the rebels in my mod.

Other than stories, there's massive possibilities for over 200 tonnes of vehicles, weps and armors as there seems to be an ugly lack of modern thingamabobs in Starbound. We also don't have enough HECKIN PUPPERS. H E C K.

Although what saddens me is that the possibility of a lore-collab is very unlikely considering that the modern tech is too advanced for my mod's storyline which has only begun to exit the "we rediscovered vehicles" timeline (which as my mod improves in spriting so does the storyline). Other spoilers include the fact that over 2000 lines of story has been developed for starburner, which is based on my mod's storyline of "we rediscovered planes". I like stories, but my story is too far behind to catch up to even remotely be in the same universe of lore, which is actually a major turn-away for me. Maybe I'm just better with enemy variety.

Lucascoronel likes this.
  2. snakeanarchy

snakeanarchy Phantasmal Quasar

#BetterDeadThanRed
    :) just me
    Could make a alien race that resulted in the mass buildup of military arms. where there is strife and violence, there will be military buildup and technological advancement. Why i liked the premise of X-Com / XCOM, >>>INVASION! >>>underdog action unleash! >>> we stole ur tech Breh! >>> now we know how to use it but cooler/better! >>> we owned you with Ur only basic tech. <<< apologies, only way i could iterate my line of reasoning.

i like your mod SF90, and have subbed to it, but the one deal that didnt click for me are USCM rebels, i mean, since Chuckelfish nerfed the whole USCM as anything other than a Corp Military.... why not make them entirely unrelated Corps or actual Gov'ts, already predisposed to hate the USCM, since they are already being wiped out by the APEX via chemical/bio weps. otherwise, looks good :)

This is intended purely as constructive criticism, no rage inspiration intended.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2017
  3. soldierfast90

Pls no, you didnt read all the codexes or even the wall of text on my mod.

The rebels are a third faction. Pls man, understand the story. Pls.

4. snakeanarchy

ok, i will give it a try, ive only gone so far, had a game bug crash my save, and am starting anew .

was just thinking, what this mod needs are AA cannons that can manually fired by NPC's and players, and separate AA that are Automatic, however are wire-able to a Radar/Lidar/Scanner to improve them.... somehow...?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2017
    Gniolliv likes this.
  5. soldierfast90

Nice idea but noone has been able to code that in. I'd say this that's impossible to code in without changes in the the very core of the game.

Good ideas are nice, but unrealistic ones get on my nerves.

AA cannon "monsters" are possible and woyld merely need to run on the omnicannon or twigun code.

6. snakeanarchy

eh, cant know whats not possible (and i don't believe anything is necessarily impossible, within reason) without working out all the things that are. Imagination, and Innovation are what moves us forward as a species (speaking from a human perspective, idk how those Xenos think :) )

Gniolliv likes this.
  7. soldierfast90

So if I "imaginationing" hard enough, I can jump off a cliff and fly?

Although on a serious note, monsters can't be wired nor can objects have any sort of ai. Vehicles are the same, unwireable as they have the same physics as monsters.

Vehicles on their own is infact every way possiblr if we exclude the painful process of getting the proper files and coding done to not have it a jumbled mess of randomly firing pixels that end up crashing the game.

Objects for the CTO are also very promising as they're gorgeously detailed but in my opinion, don't match Starbound's artstyle due to the black outlines. There is also still a lack of reason why the CTO would still exist in the SB universe outside of pre-Earth timeline, especially if the Protectorate is going in willy-nilly "Stop right there! Guns are too violent!".

I also don't want this mod to end up as a clusterTRUCK of overpowered weapons oneshotting everything, even if said op weapons are the bread and butter of 5 star mods.

I feel like this should be a conversation rather than a "topic" since only 2 of us actually talk about this. Don't want some admin banning me for this (pls no). Actually though, I seriously think this should be changed to "modding discussion" and not "modding help".

BUT REMEMBORE GOIS, DATS MEIN OPINION!

8. snakeanarchy

nobody said wiring monsters tho... ?!?!:wtf:

my thought, and ive discussed this with the bossman, is to have a AA turret item placed, which is wired, to a Radar station, also wired, to a console, also wired, that is also something an npc can sit at thus making it all work.

9. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Are those first few screenshots from a game? If so, I would really like to know the name of it.....for science, of course.

Gniolliv likes this.
  10. soldierfast90

NOPE!

All of those sprites are custom-made by Gniolliv and "placed" down onto a background to formulate a picture. He himself has told me he has atleast 10 years worth of spritework in his folders.

However, some sprites are based on Metal Slug sprites so you could check that out if you want a "game".

Gniolliv likes this.
  11. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh it's okay, I have the Metal Slug Anthology on my PS2! Very nice work those pictures are. This mod looks neato, I'd test but I wouldn't be useful. Since I would just ride around vehicles.

Gniolliv likes this.
  12. snakeanarchy

Its a good art style, really fits with vanilla content. I'm testing it myself, and am pretty happy with the direction its going. :)

Gniolliv likes this.
  13. javbit

javbit Big Damn Hero

Looks awesome!

One question though, why are the people's faces not normal (as in doesn't look like the starbound human).

14. Gniolliv

Gniolliv Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Because it is a more detailled head, with a touch of metal slug. ;)
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Some WIP picts ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Lucascoronel likes this.
  15. SlashUC

SlashUC Void-Bound Voyager

This is amazing! Everything i always wanted in starbound! It's possible to join and help in the testing?

Gniolliv likes this.
  16. cpeosphoros

cpeosphoros Orbital Explorer

Amazing. Are the large bases dungeons or were they built tile by tile?

17. snakeanarchy

currently their built tile by tile in game, by the bossman Gniolliv. i have been studying Tiled, however and taken on that role, per the bossman :)

18. Gniolliv

Some update picts ;) Project moving a bit slowly with summer! But no worries, still on it. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Stay tuned! ;)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  19. kimkh5220

kimkh5220 Void-Bound Voyager

Looks tooo AWESOME!

the design of military vehicles, weapons, clothes and gears...

especially, that "metal slug" style face is DAAAAMMMMNN COOL!

i'm waiting for this!!

RandomSovietFarmer and Gniolliv like this.
  20. Gniolliv

A lil' WIP pict, showing a sneak of many gear that are being worked on. Try to guess!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.