1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion CommandStar: Real-Time Chat, Online Players, and Server Status

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Seriallos, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Seriallos

Seriallos Space Penguin Leader

I'll see if I can squeeze that in tonight before going on vacation. Does it just show in the logs something like this:

Code:
    Info:  <Seriallos> # ban that guy!

Or is there anything else in the log line that you know of?

2. Seriallos

Just making sure to understand to make it as easy to install and run as possible :)

At this point, you should be able to use runServer.sh to start it up and not need to have coffee-script globally installed. This is slightly better as I might move server.coffee into a code folder to keep the root directory a little cleaner. I'll make sure to make any notes about moving things around in future releases.

3. Mortalsinn

Mortalsinn Zero Gravity Genie

It shows up exactly like:

#lets ban that noob

no space between the # and the first letter - exactly how you type it in game to chat in the admin channel

4. Seriallos

Just pushed an update to master that will ignore lines starting with / or #. Did a quick test but nothing exhaustive yet. Let me know if that works!

5. Seriallos

Seems like CommandStar works with Angry Koala. Only able to test using airport wifi so hopefully I'm right!

6. It seems the guys at Gametracker.com figured it out because just entering my server to the website, they are able to detect the number of players and zone names

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/class101.org:55102/

7. DarkOS

DarkOS Big Damn Hero

heya.. updated to angry running on windows 2008 r2 64 bit and I'm getting this:

http://imgur.com/CszIfUC

I did a clean install and followed the posted instructions.

8. MajorCyto

MajorCyto Phantasmal Quasar

Hey, do you mind blocking out html code like ^#00c2d4; from showing up and expanding the scroll on the chat window way far. Either that, or just process the color code either way works. I would appreciate it greatly. :eek:

9. DarkOS

DarkOS Big Damn Hero

Anyone getting similar results? Looks like it is appending additional "\'s" to the config path...

10. Seriallos

That error generally means that the file doesn't exist. Can you confirm that starbound.config is in c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound? You might try wrapping those paths in double quotes to see if that helps.

11. Seriallos

It should already be filtering out text with ^#FFFFFF; although it does not currently work for full color names. Are you seeing the hex codes come through or things like ^#Red; come through?

12. Seriallos

Huh, are they just connecting to your server remotely or are you running something on your server that they wrote? They have more more detail than I've been able to pull out (system names and where a player currently is)

13. Ok the request is pretty simple connect to 21025 UDP and send what is in red and the servers replies what is in blue, attached the communication logs, (opens in Wireshark) (my max player set was 32)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  14. malobre

malobre Orbital Explorer

Let's rewrite command star core code ! :D

15. Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  16. Seriallos

17. no pb if you are going to test the php lib had to change in SourceQuery.class.php

$this->Socket->Write( $Header, 0xffffffff );

by

$this->Socket->Write( $Header, pack("I",0xffffffff) );

must have something to do with 64bit systems

18. malobre

malobre Orbital Explorer

Wow, very impressive :O

19. MajorCyto

MajorCyto Phantasmal Quasar

I finally updated commandstar from like version 2 lol... So now hopefully the HTML Name ignore thing works, that's why it wasnt working before i was on a super old version. :3

20. Seriallos

Yeah, another thing for the TODO list is some way to have commandstar check to see if it's up-to-date or not :)