1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Com' crash ruined game

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by jumping_tatters, Aug 6, 2016.

1. jumping_tatters

jumping_tatters Intergalactic Tourist

So my computer crashed and upon crashing it jumbled up all of my game information. I didnt lose any saved data such as worlds, ship or character improvments, but my progress is messed up. The outpost's shops are all shut (terramart, frog guy and the bears) even though i am already started on the florian misson and should have everything unlocked already. If anyone knows a fix or something please tell me.

2. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

It seemed you have a .fail file in your universe folder.

What you wanna do is to go to your Starbound folder and go to storage. Then if you have a backup Universe folder (If not, you're screwed.), you could replace the universe folder to restore the information. Or use a faster fix by using the command /admin, then use /setuniverseflag to go back where you were from.

Also, if your progress is screwed up but your character is still fine, read above for this solution. If that dose not work, reply to me ASAP (Or Mia who can help ye better than me.) .

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Seems you were lucky and only the file universe.dat was messed up. However...your universe has a new uid and doesn't recognize your bookmarks anymore. But this is fixable:
    Use the tool dump_versioned_json to convert the universe.dat and your player file to a readable json format. Then search inside your player file for the bookmarks with the universe id. When found: copy it and overwrite the one in the universe.dat.
    After you did this use make_versioned_json to convert them back to starbounds format and place them in the location they must be (unless you edited them there).

Both tools can be found in the folder where the normal executable is located.

~ Iris ~

4. jumping_tatters

jumping_tatters Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks for the help guys but i've just bit the bullet and decided to create a new character.