1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [COLORBOUND] 2015/2014 1.0.0

[COLORBOUND] adds 635 + 900 new color selection options for PCs and NPCs! MultiplayerFriendly™!

1. mtgvoryo

mtgvoryo Industrial Terraformer

Awesome! Thanks for the answer!

2. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

If you're thinking about adding novakid stuff you might want to check out LazerusKI's BlackCore Novakid mod. It looks great for a species made out of... star stuff? Might give you an idea of what might look nice for them anyways.

3. Ravaella Windstrider

Ravaella Windstrider Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome mod! :D I did notice one problem creating Florans when COLORBOUND+ is also installed:

When selecting a skin color while making a Floran, the COLORBOUND+ colors affect the body leaves instead of the skin once I get to an orange color that (I believe) is one of the original Starbound colors. It doesn't matter if I'm flipping forward or backward through the colors, when I get to the COLORBOUND+ colors things get all wonky. At first I thought that if I tried changing the leaf color while the skin is like this it might fix the colors, buuuut it doesn't; it just makes it to where changing the leaf color only affects the leaves on the head foliage.

I hope I explained this well enough... I'm not that great at explaining things like this. Here's a pic to show what I'm talking about. The purple color is what the skin color is set to, and the darker green is what the leaf color is set to.

[​IMG]

When COLORBOUND+ isn't installed, the regular Starbound colors and the COLORBOUND colors all work fine.

Seraphi likes this.
  4. Seraphi

Seraphi Phantasmal Quasar

So, the pixel artefacts that I mentioned in one my update posts yesterday are also happening with the vanilla Novakid colors. I'm going to assume that this is a glitch with the character creation screen and not something that [COLORBOUND] is somehow causing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  5. Seraphi

Seraphi updated 「COLORBOUND」 with a new update entry:

Upbeat Kids of the Nova

The fix for the [COLORBOUND]+ floran.species.patch file is also included. I'd mislabeled something. Hijinks ensued.

Thanks, Ravaella!

6. Peach774

Peach774 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do I install both colorbound and colorbound+ or just +?

7. Ravaella Windstrider

Ravaella Windstrider Void-Bound Voyager

You're very welcome, Seraphi :D

8. Seraphi

[COLORBOUND] for the 635 colors from version 3.2.

[COLORBOUND]+ for the 900 colors from version 2.9.

[COLORBOUND] and [COLORBOUND]+ together for all the colors.

9. Liavain_Axon

Liavain_Axon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there a way to make this wonderful mod work with other races? Specifically the Felin and Kemono races. If I knew how, I would help!

10. Seraphi

I haven't been keeping track: do the Felins and Kemono races currently work in Upbeat Giraffe?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  11. Liavain_Axon

Liavain_Axon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Felins yes, Kemono has a fan update. My family and I are playing latest release with these races. :)

12. Kehki

Kehki Void-Bound Voyager

13. Seraphi

In Starbound, all of the colors you see are actually hexadecimal color codes. For example, #FFFFFF is white. When you select a color, the game is basically painting over a base hexadecimal color with a different hexadecimal color: Option 1, replace X with Y1; Option 2, replace X with Y2; and so on.

Without looking at it, I'm going to guess that Novaskin uses the same base hexadecimal values as vanilla Starbound, but adds newly selectable colors for the deposits as well. So, what you're seeing is [COLORBOUND] overlapping a little, but not covering everything.

What should you do? Nothing. I would have to add additional color option support in [COLORBOUND] for custom races, and I'm not really willing to do that at the moment because I lost all my macro and autohotkey scripts about a year ago, and making new colors without them is a really time consuming practice. (I'd basically had the entire thing automated. I'd make a color palette, click a button, and then sit back and let my PC make [COLORBOUND] all by itself. It was glorious.)

14. Kehki

Kehki Void-Bound Voyager

Fair enough. Thanks for the well worded response.

Seraphi likes this.
  15. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

Any news on when this mod is updating for the latest update? :3

Seraphi likes this.
  16. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Have you even tried it out to verify that it needa updating in the first place?

Seraphi likes this.
  17. GoldenstarArtist

I have, and it appears to not be functioning in the latest update.

18. Mackinz

Really now? I just stopped updating a mod I have been working on to verify this statement and found it to be false as, with a proper installation of the mod, new characters in the character creation window were showing off a wide-variety of color choices just fine. Make sure you have installed it properly before complaining that it doesn't work~

Seraphi likes this.
  19. GoldenstarArtist

I have correctly Installed the mod. (and for an unknown reason it is not functional for me.) However there may now be a incompatibility now present that wasn't prior with another mod I have. (Likely a race or a hair mod.) Please do not be so quick to disregard my claims; however I do appreciate that you took the extra time to test the mod for yourself.

20. Mackinz

Are you sure it is installed properly? The only way to truly know is if the mod is listed in red text on the side of the Starbound main menu after a successful start-up... or in Starbound.log.

Seraphi likes this.