1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Colonist AI Question

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jrminot, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Jrminot

Jrminot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi all,

I've noticed that when it comes to colonist quests, many of them reference specific locations on their planet.

Does anyone know if you can remove most of those locations to funnel all quests to a specific spot? Also, what happens of all said locations are removed?

Thanks

2. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not certain about removing them, but I have had colonies where there's only one landmark nearby, and you end up with the bulk of your quests being to build new colony buildings/rooms, grabbing specific furniture, or trading items between colonists, with occasional runs to that one landmark.

3. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Yes, you can.

I've been in the process of refurbishing a USCM prison into a refugee camp kinda deal. I'd started on one side, and was spawning Tenants into rooms, and their quests would often point to the entrance of the prison on the other side. However, once I started refurbishing that building, the quests stopped pointing there.

Tamorr likes this.
  4. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

And if you were to remove all points of interest, presumably they wouldn't be able to give you that kind of quest anymore

5. Jrminot

Jrminot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Makes sense. Thanks for the replies all

6. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Dangit now I'm thinking about wiki stuff again... you can apparently spawn in dungeons and microdungeons in /admin mode, and I know that the game WILL read those for Quest locations... and I don't think the wiki has micordungeon names listed... hmmm