1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Collection bug

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by WhatThePuck[PT], Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhatThePuck[PT]

WhatThePuck[PT] Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been trying to complete collections for the achievements, but I ran into an issue that's been plaguing me for who knows how long - the Bugs collection isn't working. I collect bugs, but they never get added to the Collection. Any Idea of what could be causing the issue and/or how to fix it?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Are you using any mods? If yes please provide your starbound.log.
    Also which bugs in detail? Or are all bugs affected?

~ Iris ~

3. WhatThePuck[PT]

All bugs are affected. And here's the link to the starbound.log file which will tell you all the mods.

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Iirc following lines indicates one or more outdated mods:
    Code:
    [17:57:50.240] [Error] Could not load image asset '/objects/bugs/testbug/testbug.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/bugs/testbug/testbug.png'
    [17:57:50.242] [Error] Could not load image asset '/objects/bugs/testbug/testbug.png:default.default', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/bugs/testbug/testbug.png' while resolving image frame '/objects/bugs/testbug/testbug.png:default.default'
    This can happen when a mod uses overrides instead of patch files. I assume it's one of the mods in the mods folder but i'm not 100% sure about that.

~ Iris ~

5. WhatThePuck[PT]

That definitely helped to pin down the problem. It wasn't a mod in the /mods folder, it was a Workshop mod which has actually been suspended indefinitely and had object files replacing the existing ones, and once I removed it, I was able to get some bugs in a character registered.
    What the mod did was allow the use of the Pixel Printer to make almost any item scanned. I guess removing the files for them and repacking the mod should work. Thanks so much for your help, Iris, even if it wasn't a game bug. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.