RELEASED Karmylla's Mods - Immersive Maps, Spouse Rooms, Farm Cave, Cellar

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Karmylla, Dec 8, 2016.

1. SheepMilks

SheepMilks Phantasmal Quasar

THANKYOU SO MUCH YOUR SO GREAT IT WORKS NOW ;w; !! <3
    I was so happy I can finally see lil Dusty and everything coloured right aa <3

Karmylla likes this.
    • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

!!! ATTENTION !!!

"Karmylla's Immersive Map Edits - Chinese Translation"
      has been updated!

Thanks to @kumaursa who reported the issue, "StringsFromMaps.zh-CN.xnb" has been added to the mod, and the .yaml file has been removed!
      Thank you for the help @kumaursa :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

• bluearia

bluearia Void-Bound Voyager

So...I've hit a snag and I'm not sure what to do. The maps show up correctly, as does Dusty. However, when I try to read the messages, all that comes up is "Town.6" and so on. I downloaded and redownloaded the StringsFromMap.xnb and placed it the Strings folder, as well as the files for Maps and Content. I'm also not using any of the add-ons.

So my question is if this is a compatibility issue and if anyone else is having this issue? I'm still using the 1.1 version of Stardew.

It's more of a minor annoyance as the maps themselves are lovely but I'm curious as to what all the messages say!

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

The problem is that you are using SV 1.1+. This mod is for the 1.2 update only, since the previous updates didn't have the "StringsFromMaps.xnb".

• tiffanyjpg

tiffanyjpg Void-Bound Voyager

im a little confused as to what file to donwload? i have elle's recolours, which one do i click? the pt? the cn? or the one with nothing? i have no idea what anything means lmao! sorry for being dumb ;o

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

If you are going to use any of the translated files, you download the CN for Chinese, BR for Brazilian or DE for German.
              If you are going to be playing in English, download the files which have no prefix.
              Don't forget, before downloading my compatibility files for Elle, you need to download all of her tilesheet and only then add my own!

• bluearia

bluearia Void-Bound Voyager

Thought so. :facepalm: Thank you for your help!

• @Karmylla Okay, so... I want to translate your Map Edits (and the compatibility file for Elle's recolor) to Spanish. How can I do that? Thanks.

Sorry for not replying you time ago, I was busy.

Karmylla likes this.
                  • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

It's okay, don't worry about it!
                    Well, you'll only have to worry about the "StringsFromMaps.xnb" file, I take care of all the compatibility versions! You'll have to unpack this file from my original Karmylla's Immersive Map Edits, and the Spanish file in the game's Strings folder. After that, you'll just have to type in the new messages in Spanish, in the Spanish "StringsFromMaps.xnb". Pack it after you're done and send it to me!
                    Thank you for your interest in doing this, PM me if you have any issue!

• Okay. So I unpacked "StringsFromMaps.xnb" and "StringsFromMaps.es-ES". But what do you mean when you say:

you'll just have to type in the new messages in Spanish, in the Spanish "StringsFromMaps.xnb"

I didn't understand how to make that :confused:

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

The new messages that I've added! You'll need to put them in the "StringsFromMaps.es-ES" and translate them to Spanish!

• helloellie

helloellie Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!
                          I loove your cave edits, they're all so pretty. Would you consider doing a crystal cave? Like a shiny opalescent quartz cave? Another request is maybe a fairy cave, like sort of magical with flowers and stuff like fairies might live there :) I understand if that doesn't work for you or you can't make it! Thanks!

Karmylla and HopeWasHere like this.
                          • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey @helloellie thank you for the kind words!

I might do something like that, yeah, but it will be custom made, that is, I won't be using any of the games assets, which means it will take some time!
                            With that said, when I get some free time, I'll start working on it! It seems a lot o people like the fairy motif in SDV, so it might be something others will be interested in :p
                            I will also work on the crystal cave, don't worry :)
                            Thank you for the feedback!

• helloellie

helloellie Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome, that's so nice of you to do, thanks a bunch! Looking forward to them:up:

• mashko

mashko Void-Bound Voyager

Heya Karmylla, I seem to be having an issue with the items in Willy's cabin. No issues with any other items in any other locations, so just want to check with you to see if I'm missing something? See the attached screenshot - I get something like this with every item in his shop. My apologies if this issue has already been addressed.

Attached Files:

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey @mashko your issue appears to be that the Fish Shop map you are using is not up to date with the SDV 1.2 update. This is in no way related to my mod, since I don't work with Willy's shop (yet!), so you need to check your game files! You probably are still using an old file of that map!

• mashko

mashko Void-Bound Voyager

@Karmylla Ah, I see - it must be the Expanded Crevices mod that I used in conjunction with yours. Thanks for the explanation, I really appreciate it. :3

• Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

How was that again - there isn't a compatible version of your maps with Androxilogin's Spouses move out, isn't it? He mentioned something in his first post but I never found something here. Or did I misunderstand that and his mod is already compatible?

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

No, you are correct, there was to be such a mod, but I just ran into problems with it so I never released it :S

• Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah to bad. I like the idea from spouses move out, but I wouldn't play without your map edits any more. ^^ Perhaps, if time and motivation is there some day, you like to offer some very simple xnb replacements. Hasn't to be the greatest thing of all I think. :D

Karmylla likes this.