1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED CN More Farming v7.11.183

Want to spice up your kitchen with a multitude of ingredients, well now you can, again!

1. ColonolNutty

ColonolNutty Ketchup Robot

2. ColonolNutty

3. ColonolNutty

4. ColonolNutty

5. ColonolNutty

6. ColonolNutty

7. ColonolNutty

8. ColonolNutty

9. ColonolNutty

10. ColonolNutty

11. Mitroll

Mitroll Pangalactic Porcupine

I love the changes to growth timers, and many of the other changes this mod makes.

When it comes to the foods themselves, I really like the idea of them, the items are fun to have in-game.

However, the mechanics of the items themselves lead me to end up just using the vanilla station. Most if not all of the added recipes are both more difficult to make and give you a weaker consumable. I would really love it if the consumables that were difficult to make gave buffs, and if the foods that were more difficult to produce were worth more pixels. Many of the foods that you can make in More Farming are worth fewer pixels than the ingredients to make it.

So in short, I end up not using your foods when I want to make food for pixels, and I don't use them when I want to make buffs, it feels more like an RP addition than a mechanical one, unless I'm missing something.

When it comes to literal farming for pixels, since the seeds cost so much more than the produce, and you get so many of them, you end up making way more money on the seeds, especially with plants that you don't have to replant, like strawberries.

Possible solutions to that would be to make plants not drop seeds on harvest, instead requiring the crafting table that sacrifices produce for seeds. Additionally, perhaps making Terramart Shipping not buy seeds at 30%.

I understand that your idea of balance might not be the same as mine, I can patch out these gripes myself if you want to take the mod in another direction.

I took the time to write all this because despite these little gripes I really do love your mod. Keep up the great work!

xaliber likes this.
  12. ColonolNutty

I'm always working on rebalancing, and that is another one of those things I have yet to try rebalancing, due to the size of it. I haven't even gone through all foods to set reasonable prices, the prices you see are basically just placeholders.
    I made the prices on the seeds based on the time it takes to grow them. For instance Apple seeds cost a lot more than avocado seeds, due to it being a tree that has to grow.

That is about the only price related balancing I've added so far. There are alot of things to be done, and considering I'm about the only one updating this mod (Heh, yeah it's just me, pushing up changes at least) it'll take some time. I've got a few other mods that I'm working on as well, so my time is split between a few things. I actually do appreciate feedback wherever I can get it, most of the logged "issues" you see on github are because of community feedback.

My ultimate goal is to provide realism (to a degree, for gameplay purposes because who wants to wait 2 real years for an apple to grow) as well as add the ability to craft pretty much anything you can dream of (food related). At the same time I'd like to add balance to it as well, I will eventually do the math to figure out the best prices to put on the food items, there is always something to be done.

xaliber likes this.
  13. ColonolNutty

14. ColonolNutty

15. Reyghel

Reyghel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you for updating the mods. However, do not let me go to this poster.
    https://kn3.net/6058D0405C2JPG.html

As far as I can understand with my basic English skills, there is a problem with the mod Classic Food Mechanics v1.4

I hope that if it is very complicated you can solve the issue of incompatibility. For now I will have to remove this new update of the mods
    CN More Farming: Revitalization.
    CN Yes Chef: Back in the Kitchen.

16. ColonolNutty

The author of Classic Food Mechanics - More Farming will need to fix the problem. It is not a problem with More Farming. You cannot use the Steam version of More Farming if you want to use that addon. You must use the version from here

Reyghel likes this.
  17. Reyghel

Reyghel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Many thanks dear author for answering my query, I will send the query to the creator of the other mod and I will wait for a solution. I have version 1.3.2 of the game by GOG the only mods I download are from this website. I could solve it by removing the updates that you have added and returning to the previous versions. I send you a greeting from Uruguay.

18. ColonolNutty

That is a bad idea, the updates I've added should not hinder the compatibility with other mods.

19. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello @ColonolNutty, when you have the time do you mind to add your mod's used material IDs to this list? http://starbounder.org/Modding:Materials:Mods

It would make things easier for other modders to make sure there is no conflict between mods (because of using the same material ID). I've added the blocks from your /tiles/materials/ folder but I might have missed some. :)

20. ColonolNutty

I was wondering how that would be coordinated.

Edit: It looks like the guy above me has 19000-20000 Are we certain they are using all numbers in there? I would also like to get 19200-19300 just to add some leeway