1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Client connect fail! Error connecting to "SERVER IP" on port "21025". since 10-12-2013 update.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by RainbowSomething, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Synik

Synik Seal Broken

Im running multiplayer on my public IP but cant get the internal IP to work.

2. RainbowSomething

RainbowSomething Space Hobo

Does uninstalling and installing count? :p

3. KanadianCreeper

KanadianCreeper Orbital Explorer

Im having the same problem

4. Fleder

Fleder Pangalactic Porcupine

Same here:
    Info: Connection received from: 0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000 Warn: UniverseServer: client connection aborted Info: Reaping client <1> connection Warn: I/O error in NetSocket write loop or device closed: NetworkException: tcp send error: Socket operation on non-socket

5. Schroeffu

Schroeffu Starship Captain

Code:
    Warn: I/O error in NetSocket write loop or device closed: NetworkException: tcp send error: Socket operation on non-socket
    Try this:

Validate your installation on you server by SteamCMD, worked for me.

./steamcmd.sh
    login username passwort
    app_update 211820 validate

If still not able to connect, be sure port 21025 is not used by another (stuck) process.
    As root: lsof -i TCP:21025
    no answer = ok, port unblocked.

Good luck.

(got the validate solution from http://games4linux.de/howto-starbound-linux-dedicated-server-erstellen/)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Traced likes this.
  6. Qiix

Qiix Void-Bound Voyager

http://i.imgur.com/Jc2k65u.png
    What is it actually downloading?
    Also, is this a fix for the server issues we're having?

7. Fleder

Fleder Pangalactic Porcupine

he stated so.
    if you are testing this, please tell us if it worked, so i can tell the server company to do the same. thanks

8. Qiix

Qiix Void-Bound Voyager

Aye I'm testing. Be done in 5 min or so. Will post :)

Fleder likes this.
  9. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

My error was solved by deleting the entire assets directory and downloading it again.

10. Schroeffu

Of course you only should validate, if you already installed the Server before this way:

./steamcmd.sh
    login username passwort
    app_update 211820

Otherwise validate (= Verify installation files and repair) makes no sense because steamcmd is going to download the whole client inluding server files again, if there is no existing installation of Starbound (App ID 211820)

See https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

11. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

If you ever logged in with steamcommand, you don't need to type the password anymore. It remembered it. :)

12. Synik

Synik Seal Broken

I did the steamCMD thing but it didnt work. I am running windows 7 so I'm not sure how to do a lsof-i on here. I know for sure I set my port to TCP 21025 on my router. Will probably try a fresh install tomorrow if this is still not resolved.

13. RainbowSomething

I've tried a fresh install, no change. I've also updated the server with steamCMD, also no change.

14. Schroeffu

Strange.. Reinstall usually helps.
    If your server isn't that productive in use, restart the complete server OS one time. May there is another wicked process blocking the port/starbound startup

15. theharddrinkingapplejack

theharddrinkingapplejack Void-Bound Voyager

I've been having this same problem. I use tunngle and it worked flawlessly one day, then the next day (on the same build) it just stopped. Nothing changed... It frequently crashed a while after it was booted up and when someone tried to join. I did a verify over steam and it worked to an extent. I could connect but no one else could then it went back to normal of not working like before. I'm not sure if it persists in the most recent build since I'm at work and can't try it but from the looks of things it is still an issue.

16. RainbowSomething

I've fixed my problem... the port forward I had set up in my router was set to the wrong IP address.
    Apparently my PC had gotten a new IP from the DHCP making the port forward entry going to the wrong IP >.>

17. Traced

Traced Aquatic Astronaut

This all worked for me. I don't think the server client is very stable still, even if you quit via the interface I found a stuck process. I then reran the app_update and validated. Worked fine after that. Running Centos 6.5 here.

18. ogtripleg87

ogtripleg87 Space Spelunker

the problem i was having is that i was trying to play with two friends of mine none of us have forwarded our ports so we were using tunngle to connect via a virtual ip but one friend and i can play flawlessly and the other friend even though we use tunngle and are all in the tunggle server room he still gets the error 21025 port fail. any ideas why that would be?

19. Traced

Traced Aquatic Astronaut

I assume this is on the client end and not reporting on the server. If you already got one guy through then i'd have to assume its a local issue on his end, perhaps with tunngle.

20. Hazmat2142

Hazmat2142 Void-Bound Voyager

so whats the latest version of the game? mine says frustrated koala.