RELEASED Cleaner, Greener Pelican Town

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kiddles, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Kiddles

Kiddles Void-Bound Voyager

Please do not reply to this thread! Discussion will continue on THIS THREAD.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
      eemie likes this.
    • markz6197

markz6197 Void-Bound Voyager

Looks awesome. Gonna try this one. Thanks for sharing! :)

• Kiddles

Let me know what you think when you get a round to it.

Also, if you do decide to use an existing save, I am willing to do the editing myself to remove the bushes from old Pelican Town. Just leave a download link to the save you wish to have edited.

• markz6197

Sure thing. Thanks for the offer, but I'll be using this on a new game, as I lost my existing save when my laptop "broke" a few weeks ago.

• markz6197

Sorry for the late update I just started playing, but I found some minor visual issues. Here's a screenshot.

Attached Files:

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

This is awesome! I wish I could do stuff like this, I'm too scared to touch the code. :c

Kiddles likes this.
              • Kiddles

@markz6197
                First off, my apologies for such a late reply. Not sure what's going on there, but if you compare it to my own screenshot of that particular area (spoiler below) that should definitely NOT be there. Seems the Oak Tree isn't showing up either. Are you using any tile mods for town by chance? Or even, are you using any farm mods that modify the tilesets for town or the outdoors? If so, that may be your problem. Also, is that the only area that it's happening? Or are there other areas as well?

[​IMG]

• markz6197

@Kiddles I'm really sorry for replying so late as well. But I've found the problem. It was because of a location mod I have using the Advanced Location Loader. Everything is fine now. And as of now, I've still only tested from Spring to Fall but I can say your mod is awesome. I don't think I can revert to the vanilla town now lol. Thanks!

Kiddles likes this.
                  • Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

So @Kiddles I would absolutely love to try this out but I would want it to be in an existing save. I also use quite a few texture replacements for outdoors and the town but I'm pretty sure they won't really affect it as the layout of the town remains the same as vanilla. Would you be able to edit my save for me? I don't wish to start again :((

Kiddles likes this.
                    • Kiddles

Of course! Just give me a download link to your save file and I'll get right to it!.

Btw, do you guys think i should remove the pot holes on the road? Or should I keep them? I'm gonna be making a small edit anyway, as there's a tree on the south end of town that's slightly on the road leading into the forest.

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Here~! Is it possible to make the save appear on a different slot so I can access both without restarting my game? <3 Dw if you can't~ I have backups.

Also those potholes bug me so much ;o;

• Kiddles

Here you go!

It is possible i think. I've only tested loading though, so make sure you backup your file, but if you rename the folder, and the file inside, to something different it should work. Make sure that the file inside is the same name as the folder.

Also, I've updated the map to get rid of the potholes, move one of the trees and got rid of a few bushes on the far north side of town, going into the mountains.

New version HERE since I'm not entirely sure that the forum updates it right away (it's still giving me the old version on the official download page).

**EDIT**
                          Fixed those ugly lines on the planters, as well.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
                            Kuriiyo likes this.
                          • Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you very much! I'll test it out tonight and let you know how it goes. <3

Edit: Works perfectly! <3

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
                              Kiddles likes this.
                            • Kiddles

Could I get a mod to close this thread? I ended up making this thread before submitting the mod on the mods page, which ended up creating a second thread.

Discussion will continue on THIS PAGE.