Tool Clean Cursors.png

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Saucy Chemist, May 3, 2016.

1. Saucy Chemist

Saucy Chemist Space Hobo

Hello all.

Not sure if this will be useful, but recently XNBNode causes a slight graphical glitch in the Cursors.png tilesheet when extracting the Cursors.xnb file. Specifically, opaque pixel artifacts occur in the glow effects for windows and lightsources (edit: and also red shading to the snow weather textures, and other assorted odd coloring).

I am sharing this cleaned version of the Cursors.png file that repairs the abberant pixels. In case you are wanting to reskin anything in the catch-all Cursors tilesheet, I thought this might be useful to replace the glitched extracted file.

Cheers

Edit: Apparently extracting the Cursors tilesheet also causes the darker shaded snow weather effect textures to turn red (thank you SarahKik for pointing this out). This has been fixed to proper values as well. As well as green effects in the water, and additional artifacts beyond even those (Thank you Ichimatsu and sheetcakeghost). Little Lea was kind enough to point to a newer build of XNB Node that seems to fix this issue, and sheetcakeghost uploaded the clean extracted Cursors.png. I have replaced the file in the OP with this extracted version. Thank you all for the help!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    • SarahKik

SarahKik Pangalactic Porcupine

Aside from the lightsource issues, it also messes with the snow and makes some of it red :( Other than that, this is really handy! I had to go looking for a clean version before too haha.

Saucy Chemist likes this.
      • Saucy Chemist

Saucy Chemist Space Hobo

Goodness, I didn't notice the red snow, thank you. I am red/green colorblind, didn't register to me. I will fix that to and reupload the file. Thanks again!

• Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

The green in the water should also not be green, lol :3

Like this.png

Well, not as dark as in here, but I hope you get what I mean

Last edited: May 3, 2016
            Saucy Chemist likes this.
          • sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

I also have a version that I cleaned up. I fixed the green water and snow issues on mine. I also touched up other little redness errors that I've been noticing in game like the sparking water bits for when you pan for ore and the animations of lilypads having red lines under them. (Still trying to fix all the different water animations tho.)

Now I kept the particle effects in my lighting, so if you guys prefer the smooth version of it that saucy did feel free to combine them.

Attached Files:

• Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

Dozy and Ichimatsu like this.
            • sheetcakeghost

You know what? I probably haven't. I'll give it a go and thanks for pointing out there was a new version!

• sheetcakeghost

Okay! After a lot of dumb trial and error on my part I got it to work! It's also not as much a pain to use as I thought seeing as the modder in that post updated it themselves and provided a link that I didn't see.

https://www.mediafire.com/?b86xecd27yti6f6

Anyway, here's the png for those who don't wanna update to a largely untested and possibly unstable version.

Attached Files:

komina12345 likes this.
                • Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks to this thread I also realized I had installed the other version, lol. The whole time I thought I was using 0.2.2 and that it wasn't working when in reality I had downloaded the latest albeit bugged official version. I was even using fez parse, which was better, but made shadows and everything a tad too dark.

Thanks!

• Saucy Chemist

Saucy Chemist Space Hobo

Oh wow! Thank you everyone for the help! OP has been updated with the the new cleanest extracted tilesheet (thank you all of you!).<3<3<3

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

If you are using SMAPI in order to repack the xnb, it's likely the problem :( I've been trying to find a way to fix it too, but so far no luck. Any modified cursors always end up messing with the lighting and snow, dunno why. Maybe an older version may fix the problem.

• digitaleevee

digitaleevee Void-Bound Voyager

hey yall, this thread is long since dead but im havin a bit of a problem and i just wanna get it out there! so i used xnbnode to unpack textures and play around then repack them and everything i saved is working great. but the first thing i noticed was the aforementioned issue with pixel artifacts in the lighting visuals. i only played for like five minutes, but i assume the other problems are also present. my situation is, when i try to use the xnbnode (original or 2.2!) to pack the cursors PNG into a xnb, the command just...... doesnt do anything?? the files are unchanged. am i missing something? another file i need to pack it into an xnb? or is my computer just garbage lol
                        edit: the antialiasing pixels on numbers is showing up as solid grey instead of being like an actual shadow, too. i didnt see any other problems

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017