1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Classical Weaponry 2.1

Brand new melee weapon types, with more coming soon!

1. Vinderex

Vinderex Pangalactic Porcupine

There's an unofficial steam version that someone else put up. So yes, but it will always be updated here first, and I'm not managing it, so i don't know how fast it'll be updated.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  2. alecsander

alecsander Subatomic Cosmonaut

yeah already downloaded it :)

one question, why don't any of them have a slash/swing in their combo, since only the epee and foils don't have an actual edge and are used solely for thrusting

3. Vinderex

Ummm... They DO have slashes. the 2nd and 5th in the rapier combo are slashes. They don't have more slashes because even though they're capable of it, they're still primarily designed for thrusting, and much less efficient at slashing.
    If you want slashy weapons, then the saber will be once I get around to making it.

As for the estocs, just take a look at Wikipedia. They are in fact a completely edgeless weapon and are ONLY capable of thrusting. Trying to slash with one would be like trying to slash with a piece of rebar.

4. alecsander

alecsander Subatomic Cosmonaut

to clarify i meant more of a vertical slash, and i was speaking purely about the rapiers as i did know about estocs not having an edge

5. Vewerein

Vewerein Big Damn Hero

I know these are mostly Classical melee weapons, but I have always wanted a sort of flintlock styled pistol in this game. Not necessarily flint and power operated, but the idea of a one shot pistol with a punch to it. Like a single handed shotgun blast, or perhaps a utility tool to push enemies back. Even had the idea of it having a sort of idle and active animations with the pistol holstered, and when you fire it you draw it from the holster and fire in a huge blast. Like a last resort sort of range weapon. Early built ones could be actually flintlocks while higher level can be futuristic blast pistols with the same animations and functions, i suppose.
    I just think something like this would look gorgeous with your beautiful weapons. Giving it a Musketeer or Pirate feel.

Of course I am just sharing ideas, because these weapons are so very good. Keep up the amazing work friend.

6. Vinderex

I actually already had an idea for a unique weapon: the Aegis Cutlass, which would be based on the pistol-sword, and its ranged attack would be a lot like what you just described.
    As for purely ranged weapons, I don't really have any plans at this point for them, but I might give it a try once most of my melee ideas are done. :)

7. Vewerein

Vewerein Big Damn Hero

Ah bless you haha. These all sound so exciting. Thank you for the response.

After testing your weapons they are quite fun. Have you thought of adding sort of a push in velocity to imitate a lunge for the rapier? perhaps a reversed backpeddle at the end of the combo. I do remember seeing an older mod of a rapier a while ago that did something similar, so I think its possible. But a mechanic like that might feel a bit off, or out of place in this game, and if thats the case then the rapiers as they are now are indeed very satisfying.

Also I am curious if you looked into the hand positioning to have more distinction that its a rapier than a normal sword, similar to this
    [​IMG]

This mod itself is already more than I could ask, so take this feedback how you see fit. The mod will turn out wonderful either way.

Again great work!

8. Vinderex

lol. That idle position makes my wrist hurt just by watching. :rofl:
    But yeah, it already does have a different idle position. It's more forward than standard swords, and the estoc is slightly more so. I was going for something like the parry 3 or 4 positions in fencing

9. Vewerein

Vewerein Big Damn Hero

10. Alucard3598

Alucard3598 Space Spelunker

I love the sprites and the content of this mod. Are they unique or randomly generated? Would it be compatible with Manufacturer's Touch?

11. Vinderex

They're all crafted, so I guess that means they're "unique". :p As for Manufacturers Touch, I'm not entirely sure as I don't use it myself. But since (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong) MT only affects random weapons, it SHOULD be compatible.
    I'm also planning on doing a compatibility update some time in the near future that ought to make it compatible with virtually everything. Won't be the very next update, but it will be soon.

12. Vinderex

Vinderex updated Classical Weaponry (formerly Rapiers and Estocs) with a new update entry:

Finally! The Violium Halberd is here!

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Vinderex

14. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Psst, take note that the "parry" special ability can be modified... Quite a bit so as well... ;)

15. Xirukai

Xirukai Pangalactic Porcupine

Vinderex, make sabers next. Need me some good old fashioned pirate weapon.
    I also have a slight edit ready for the violium halberd since the hacky bit idle slightly bugs meee. (I'll post it here if you want the edit, img only)

16. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Hmm, a Bec de corbin that's more effective against armored enemies would be pretty cool. I'm not sure how that could be achieved though, since as far as I know there's just completely armor-ignoring weaponry (such as the doomcannon's status effect) and normal weaponry. I'm not sure where the damage calculation happens, but averaging the values of armor-ignoring and normal damage would theoretically allow for this.

17. Vinderex

I'm still learning, but I had intended for the Estoc to ignore armor since historically that's exactly what it was designed for. Haven't yet figured out how to do so, but once I do, you can expect to see some shield breaking and armor piercing weapons.

18. Morggy the penguin

Morggy the penguin Aquatic Astronaut

A solus axe or solus spear, it's possible ?

19. Vinderex

Vinderex updated Classical Weaponry with a new update entry:

Compatibility update. IMPORTANT CHANGE! PLEASE READ!!!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  20. Alucard3598

Alucard3598 Space Spelunker

I feel like the Broken Epee should be truncated from the mod, because it doesn't seem to add much to the mod itself and can be used as an exploit for pixels.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017