1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Classes?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Vivid, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MythicalBrit

MythicalBrit Void-Bound Voyager

Either sword and Shield and a gun on the side or Gun and shield just to mess with people

2. DarkDXZ

DarkDXZ Phantasmal Quasar

I would totally play as a stealth-ish guy - you know, invisibility, stealth items, sabotage, backstabbing.
    All that stuff

3. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

4. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There won't be extreme limitations to if you choose a class, I think it will be more or less like Terraria, where as you can choose on your own how things are going to role in your world ;)
    ~ John

5. Vivid

Vivid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

if the invisibility was limited then yeah, it would work. but it would suck being raped by ghosts on the field:rofl: because if this game actually does require you to think, then pvp shouldnt be any different. everyone has their own role to play:up:

6. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

[​IMG] dual wielding and doing this.

7. Sorrow872

Sorrow872 Big Damn Hero

i would like much more classes. but thats nothing against: OWN MIXED I would love set bonus like in terraria, but also set bonus for different armors that fit together in the fighting role. That would be awesome.

8. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I'd like to be able to carry a giant sword like the Breaker Blade. Or Claws.
    I'm usually a mixed class though. I like to carry around each kind of weapon.

9. Valkoor Moonblood

Valkoor Moonblood Existential Complex

I'd probably go Tank and Healer at the same time if I could. I've always done that in multiplayer games.

10. Casimir

Casimir Pangalactic Porcupine

If possible I think I'd use guns for awesome damage output and something for healing/buffing myself and others. I'd prefer to take the risk of dying faster/easier for more damage output. X3

11. Grayecastle

Grayecastle Big Damn Hero

I'd love to be the gunslinger at mid-range. Dual wielding laser pistols and dealing massive amount of damage while barrel rolling, jumping, ducking, etc away from oncoming projectiles. Maybe a hover bike, to give it that space cowboy flavor :cool:

Casimir likes this.
  12. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

...said there won't be magic.
    ...there won't be magic.

And I ask: WHY :<
    Some magic-looking alien technology or something else should be really appreciated. Devs will have 1 person more happy then.

But if there's no magic, I hope there will be big assortment of ranged weapons. And bullets. Bullets that are more effective to monster X and less effective to monster Y.

Sorrow872 likes this.
  13. Vivid

i would actually want to be the support sniper. who cares if i camp in a 2d platform game?;)

Casimir likes this.
  14. Sorrow872

Sorrow872 Big Damn Hero

if there is no magic, i hope for BOWS. And here is why: they said there will be different gravitation levels. I think that could change more than just jump height. Maybe Planets where you HAVE to fight meele. but with bows it would be incredible because of the dynamic shots.

Casimir likes this.
  15. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Laser sniper rifles :love:
    Taking energy from our suit so we can refill it by mounting some kind of energy refillers (that equals MP potions). Simply clever.

Casimir likes this.
  16. ThatAmazingPerson

ThatAmazingPerson Existential Complex

I'm gonna get my hands on all sorts of guns. I love being a ranged class (guns).

17. Casimir

Casimir Pangalactic Porcupine

I hadn't thought about that before but that does sound awesome indeed! :rofl: I would assume gravity could effect bullets as well, but bullets travel faster so not as much. Arrows don't travel as fast, so you would have to try crazy shots if the gravity was too strong or not strong at all. Sounds cool. :geek:

18. Halloween_King

Halloween_King Subatomic Cosmonaut

well, cant you not be a class and choose what you want to use?

19. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Well, in Terraria I'm collecting all items that I have/had, from swords and bows to rifles and accesories. I've got 4 chests of random stuff. And 60+ heart crystals :rofl:
    If there's no magic in Starbound, I'll use mostly medium/long-range weapons. And robots. Because robots are awesome.

wat
    If there are classes, then we'll look at weapon modifiers - because we're talking about weapons anyway :p

20. Vivid

and the sniper can have plasma grenades, or any grenade:), and variations of bullets. like bullets that penetrate the skin, then explode. or incendiary rifle ammo, or heck, even acid ammo. theres so many possibilities. which is why i'll be the best sniper in the world.....of starbound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.