1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Classes?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Vivid, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vivid

Vivid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i know that to be a certain class, you need to carry ALL of the required items. so switching classes wont be easy, right? ( well you dont Have to )..like the medic; to be a good one, you should carry everything that medics need. so pretty much im excited for it. soo what about you?:)

2. Hostail

Hostail Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah I'm pretty excited as well, will be really different than Terraria where you take with you several armor sets and just switch whenever you want. This system will really change everything and be much more fun.

3. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

Maybe you don't need to carry ALL the stuff! you can be an hybrid, like, half-medic, half-ninja, carrying bottles of remedy and some throwing stars! :rofl:
    What i'm really hoping is more of a balance between the armors of the same class....
    Like, in terraria, if you chose the warrior way, after getting hallowed armor, there's no need to ever change it.... it gives more health AND more melee attack AND speed than any other.
    I think it coulc be beter if one armor gives more health, other one gives more melle dmg, one gives more defense, one gives more speed....
    i know you could use another class' armor, but that makes you a non-warrior.... lol
    variety ftw :giggle:

Devon Castleman likes this.
  4. Vivid

it'll definitely make pvp more strategic. instead of just run and gun/swing:cool:

5. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

I'd love to be carrying a bunch of mechanical parts and then be some sort of robot or engineer class.

6. Vivid

or like an enforcer. where like a player can set down a force field, and whenever a different player shoots a projectile from inside of it, the power is doubled

7. KXI System

KXI System Master Chief

I always go for the class thats good in short, mid and long range with magic capabilities. Basically a jack of trades, I find that being almost everything in the game but not fully is where I get the most enjoyment.

8. Metasight

Metasight Void-Bound Voyager

Thats awesome :O
    I would like to be a support/medic~
    Boosting people's defense and attack, while healing and protecting them from attacks!

9. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

I sense great expectations about multiplayer here! :giggle:
    i wish they add more of a cooperative multiplayer rather than pvp...
    More like, a player faction fighting against aliens to protect the population \o/

10. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Never really been a mage. But I'm pretty sure tiy (or someone) said that there won't be magic. So probably a guy with a sword and a gun who kills stuff. What class would that be? :confused:

11. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

DMC - Trickster ;)

12. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

I hope that it's possible to carry two classes at once, like a melee and a range one. That would make for some interesting PvP.

13. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

I think that's what they're going for with the two weapons slots, the ability to mix two different roles of gameplay.
    As Tiy said in Combat Part 1:
    (And with the comparisons to Terraria's combat, I feel the end game hardmode gear either forced you to be a straight melee/ranged/magic or be an ineffective mix with less optimised stats.)

14. The O5 Director

The O5 Director Big Damn Hero

I'm going to be a mix between a speedster and a ninja.

15. Vivid

i'd definitely want to be a supporter. that or a tank:giggle:

16. Metasight

Me too, i want to be an supporter or a support/tank hybrid :D

17. Vivid

yeah multiplayer is gonna be pretty epic. it'll require thinking. and they said you'll need certain weapons to kill certain enemies:rolleyes: i can imagine a big ol' team of like 10 players trying to take down a giant alien spider or something:rofl: and the supporter is in the back goin at it

18. Metasight

I imagine supporters having some "barrier gun", that shoots some grenades that create a protective barrier that cover an area of the map
    Or maybe a healing laser (awesome), or some wrench that if used on someone can enchant its armor with some def

Oh boy, so many possibilities

19. Hakjabtholah

Hakjabtholah Void-Bound Voyager

Have to say, when it comes to classes it's all about raw damage, greatsword anyone?

20. Marsgreekgod

Marsgreekgod Big Damn Hero

The thing is you need all your half-ninja half-medic gear and would be hard pressed for room to hold pirate gear

(not that ninja or pirate would be a class in this game, sure there will be gear about them, but it will most likely be things like medic or gun user)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.