Clan Infinity: MS Paint is all you need.

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan Infinity, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

ME1 is a badass game, once you get a feel for it the combat's actually pretty good IMO.
    You say that, but not really. I always felt... odd? romancing Tali. Like, she has a crush on you in ME1 for saving her, etc.
    And from there in ME2 I just felt like I was sorta taking advantage.
    So Jack best girl, has character development.
    But for stats/etc alone, Miranda in ME2 for that Godly Passive, and Garrus in ME3.
    Why Garrus?

Freddy, Jimlad 42 and donleong94 like this.
  2. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Ah, but she's evil. So me and my friend just kind of left her on the ship since we don't want a chaotic evil character on our team, they really aren't good team players.
    I would have given you the animated one, but their website is down and this is all Google has. Just know that the finger should be rapidly pressing the button.

Nirning Clan ∞.

donleong94 and Freddy like this.
  3. Luna

Luna Pangalactic Porcupine

Whaaaaat? She's at least chaotic neutral.

4. Gredd18

I wouldn't exactly say evil. And, she gets better as a team player.
    And she's not Miranda, and so that's already a pretty big goddamn plus.
    Miranda's Passive is godly, but her Personality can go die in a fire. I'll take a psychotic Biotic over little-miss-perfect any day.

donleong94, Freddy and Jimlad 42 like this.
  5. Gredd18

This. She doesn't kill because it's fun, she kills because she's been fucked over so much in life it's an automatic response to "I feel threatened". Jack doesn't give any chances and just goes for it.

donleong94, Freddy and Jimlad 42 like this.
  6. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

I wouldn't know too well. She acted VERY chaotic, and a bit evil, when we first met, so I just kind of ignored her. We had characters we were more used to already.
    True. She's not the WORST. (If I remember right, I ended up siding with her rather than Miranda just for that reason.)
    Yeah... Never used her so I have no idea what that passive is, but it's not worth it.
    "Sure we spent bazillions raising you to be the commander, but I know what to do better than you do. Cerberus can also do no wrong. And I'm better than you."
    Just... Just get in your vents Miranda...

And yes, me and my friend also did every companion mission, but to be honest, we were mainly just annoyed during those that we couldn't bring our good squad of WrexGrunt and Tali.

donleong94 and Freddy like this.
  7. Fluffy Arsonist

Fluffy Arsonist Cosmic Narwhal

honestly, who gives a shit about how strong they actually are. it's not like you can't solo everything in combat anyway. therefor, Tali is best girl.

8. Freddy

Freddy Pangalactic Porcupine

Absolutely agreed. I think she was on the team for just about every mission and jaunt planetside.

I'm a patient man when it comes to writing and will tolerate some really lazy characters. I also went from standoffish with Jack to accepting, although romancing someone who's main flight or fight response is "repaint the room in blood" isn't my idea of a great relationship. I even reloaded a save because I romaced her by being too nice.
    Miranda steadily got more annoying the more we talked though. I still did her missions and was tolerant of her but she wins no popularity contest of mine.

In other news, its almost 6 am again because I have no self control when it comes to reading. Its worse than video games or tv or even the snooze button after a night of reading. I always read 5 chapters past what I intended to stop at. And another 3 for good measure. Actually, I read 16 tonight.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    Jimlad 42 and donleong94 like this.
  9. Freddy

Freddy Pangalactic Porcupine

I prefer most of the systems in ME1 over what I saw in 2.
    Least he could do after I saved his Batman wannabe self in the second game. Jk, hes a bro and was the other half of my go to squad. He's number 2 on my list, possibly number 1.
    I did enjoy Jack's progression though, she's one of the better written characters but she still isn't my favorite person.
    Anyway, see all of you in 6 hours.

donleong94 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  10. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

This is also accurate for me as well.

And to be honest, I don't hate Jack that much, I might have used her in ME2, I just rarely did given I had a much better team of a Grunt and Tali. (Or, as I know from google, Wrex and Grunt.)

donleong94 likes this.
  11. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

I literally understood nothing last 2 pages

12. Fluffy Arsonist

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

thanks now im even more confused

14. Fluffy Arsonist

fuuuuuuuuck, i guess i'm going to play through ME 1-3...

Freddy, Saal, Jimlad 42 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Luna

Luna Pangalactic Porcupine

If any of you haven't yet played through Mass Effect as a Renegade character, please do so. It's a much better story than Paragon.
    Also you're allowed to skip some of the outright stupid 'renegade' choices in the first game.

16. Gredd18

You missed out on so much :p
    Pretty much, unless you can get the Paragon/Renegade Options.
    On the harder difficulties, it's worth it. Weapon Damage + HP/Shields for the whole squad.

But at least she's not Ashley.

also grunt best krogan me2

17. Fluffy Arsonist

i played through as renegade purely to punch the reporter in the face 3 times.
    also, my first playthrough of ME3(romancing Tali, ofc) i didn't have enough paragon/renegade at the Geth part, and then i reset.

Freddy, donleong94 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  18. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Right, there were Paragon options to not pick sides, weren't there?
    If so, I likely got those instead... I WOULD have sided with Jack if I wasn't such a Paragon.
    Gameplaywise or storywise? As I still did all the side missions and talked to everyone fairly often. I just never brought them on missions.
    What are you doing... On a spaceship... Saving EVERYONE... Being saved by all our aliens... HATING THEM?! Wha- But- N- WHY?!
    Tali still best Wrex.
    (Look, I really like that image. Me and my friend joke about it often.)
    I'll see if I can't get my friend into it then.
    Now you know how I feel when you guys talk Jojo.

Freddy, Saal, Gredd18 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

1473358907178.jpg
    It's a bad feel

Freddy, Saal, Jimlad 42 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Gredd18

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.