Clan Infinity: MS Paint is all you need.

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan Infinity, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

tumblr_inline_n06x24zHDK1r7ntf8.png

donleong94, Saal, Freddy and 2 others like this.
  2. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

To be honest, all the hype around P5 is making me want to replay P3 FES.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  3. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

I filled a thing, may contain jojo part 5+ spoilers
    my jojo chart.png

Here's a template:
    jojo chart template.png

You guys can fill this out too if you wanna, was fun @Fluffy Arsonist @Spike ( @Saal you can fill up to part 4 parts if you wanna do it :DD )

4. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

Eh, that's okay :p
    I hope he gets food poisoning. It's the best thing I can do as sentient bread.

5. Gredd18

So Valve just killed the Steam User Forums, with, from what I understand, zero warning.
    Like, that's about 90% of my goodwill for them gone. There were some pretty amazing fixes and stuff for games on there, and now I know I'm not gonna be able to get them back.

6. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Nani?

Hmm... A quick Google and I find...
    The what? The only thing I got linked to is what I (Very rarely, but still occasionally) look at when I google a problem. Generally though I end up looking at something more related to the issue, like for Skyrim issues I tend to end up on a Skyrim website.
    So... Was it just a temporary thing or was there something I never knew about?

Edit: Okay, something I never knew about. Anyway, stop being melodromatic. It's the internet, and Steam is an important website.
    And I can see why they might have gotten rid of it, given I never knew it existed.

I have been told that doesn't work well. Feel free to be melodramatic.

donleong94 and Saal like this.
  7. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

You're being too dismissive about this. The User forums were a fantastic resource that I've used a couple times myself, and deleting them without any advance notice is not okay any way you look at it. And the Wayback Machine isn't all-powerful; Try accessing any thread with it and you'll see why.

donleong94, Saal, Freddy and 3 others like this.
  8. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Sorry, I just have never seen it, so I have no idea.
    (Oh hey, the wayback machine isn't all powerful, also a surprise, I've actually never used it, either.)
    Okay then, yeah, that is rather annoying.
    So, what all was on it, and why is none of it available anywhere else? (I would assume that most important things would be on the forums for the thing, like Skyrim stuff on the Skyrim forums.)

Saal, Freddy and Gredd18 like this.
  9. Fluffy Arsonist

Fluffy Arsonist Cosmic Narwhal

there was a steam user forum?

donleong94, Saal, Freddy and 2 others like this.
  10. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Wait a second, I remember now! I have looked at them before I'm fairly sure.
    I think I looked up a problem my friend's had in Skyrim that it would every so often crash his computer. A quick Google search later and I found a thread for that exact problem, someone suggested a solution that didn't work, then everyone stopped reading the original post and started trying to fix the issue where the game gives a black screen rather then running. This seemed to last for about... 100+ pages.
    I feel like there was no great loss in that thread.
    Edit: Nope, I don't think I have ever looked there; that thread I was mentioning was from the Nexus forums.
    So yeah. I'm in agreement with you Vort Fluffy. There was a forum?

donleong94 likes this.
  11. Fluffy Arsonist

Fluffy Arsonist Cosmic Narwhal

og9n76.jpg

donleong94, Saal, Freddy and 4 others like this.
  12. Gredd18

It's important because X steam game might have had issues running on certain types of hardware/etc, and it had workarounds.
    One thing I used it for was getting the Steam Overlay working in Star Wars: The Old Republic (MMO). The fix required you to copy some text and compile a small .exe that'd allow the overlay to work through the launcher and into the game. Now, it's gone, and If I delete the file I have of it, I'm not getting it back.

Sure, mine is somewhat minor. But, there were bigger issues and fixes. You might never have used or heard of it, but there were many, many people who did. It's like the steam fourms for non-idiot, non CoD-Kiddies.

Edit: Also, think about the wider ramifications of this. They've just shown they're willing and able to just shut something down, with no prior warning. If they've done it once, they can do it again. Valve has way too much goodwill, and they're exploiting that.

donleong94, Freddy and Jimlad 42 like this.
  13. Freddy

Freddy Pangalactic Porcupine

The steam forums have been absolutely instrumental in me getting multiple games to work. Fixes typically involved ini edits that I never would have figured out myself.

donleong94, Gredd18 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  14. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Yep, looking into it more, it looks to me like just someone went "We have a what now? Oh, we haven't done anything on it in years. Anyone mind if I delete it?"
    Hmm...
    Looks to me like people are blowing it a bit out of proportion though, claiming that it was widely used, but... it also kind of couldn't have been. You couldn't register, so no one new could ask for help. If someone who's used steam for years has never heard of it, then it wasn't extremely active. In terms of still having discussions; I can see it, but at the same time, it was kind of stated it was slated for destruction. I'm not blaming anyone for that, of course people are still going to have discussions, even if they did say that it was going to end.
    What the heck did you have on those forums that them disappearing is equivalent to your family dying...?

Someone linked to this, so it looks like they're going to let you back in for a bit.

donleong94 likes this.
  15. Shiriaru Kita

Shiriaru Kita Cosmic Narwhal

WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?

16. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

A conversation about the shutdown of the Steam forums

donleong94 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  17. Shiriaru Kita

Shiriaru Kita Cosmic Narwhal

Should I get Minecraft nintendo switch edition?
    Or maybe Minecraft 80's Nokia 3310 Titanium einforcement S plus edition?
    Or maybe none?

18. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

I paired Frederick with Miriel. They were also wrecking everything in sight - I approve. It was easy enough to beat the final boss using A+ pairs, actually (on Normal Classic difficulty).

19. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

20. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

There's still a game hub and discussion tab in the Store.
    Personally I found all the fixes there. Never really used the forums.

17796418_1487325101280680_4599385883626071863_n.jpg

donleong94, Freddy and Jimlad 42 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.