1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Chozo (Experimental) 0.9.8

Samus Weapons, suits and power

1. DrakoZ

DrakoZ Pangalactic Porcupine

I plan to do for example - ice beam -> ice plasma beam / ice wave plasma beam
    If you remember Metroid game/

2. SeekoDestroyer

SeekoDestroyer Big Damn Hero

Sounds good, as long as wave can go through blocks

3. DrakoZ

Sorry- I lack the time to do that project in a dense, because as the time to do partially.
    Plus, I ponder how to move in the release, for all will differ greatly, including the balance.
    If I want to do something that would be remembered =)

4. ultraspyro

ultraspyro Void-Bound Voyager

I have a problem , The maximum armor rate I can get from the gravity suit is 20 and I dont require Matter blocks to craft it

5. DrakoZ

Mestation-----------In the section -beams- you will find the matter

6. SeekoDestroyer

Will the mod be updated over the summer?

7. jGamer

jGamer Intergalactic Tourist

You can update the version of the mod so that the metroid fusion things exist you could do missions in the S.A.I.L
    Of the ship or small dungeons on the dark planets
    Or maybe a biome or type of planet

(Great mod thanks for your work)

8. DrakoZ

It has already been discussed. And it will be added. But with time. Most will be separately balanced. Plus quests. Many, unfortunately, not able to enter, at least for now. Updates will, but not now, and will agree, it is better that it were all laid out than in a chaotic form =)

This section is designed as a basis for the test.

9. jGamer

jGamer Intergalactic Tourist

Ok thanks for the info is I expect the next version of the mod
    It is one of the best mods in development so much is expected of the

PS: Sorry for the bad English I am from Latin America

10. EmissaryOfInfinity

EmissaryOfInfinity Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just want to give you a huge thank you for making this mod and everything involved in it. Your code has taught me a ton about Starbound's modding system and the various tricks you can pull to make things work in strange and unique ways, and gave me hours of entertainment to boot.
    I began work on my own Metroid mods a while back, taking a different angle on things than you have (I'm leaning more towards Super/AM2R instead of the Prime/Hunters approach you've taken), and in doing so I've figured out various tricks of my own to manipulate the game, like adding a proper charge sound loop to charged beams. I'd be more than happy to share tips back and forth so we can help each other out. I also plan to make my mods specially compatible with yours in a few places, in case players want to mix and match for whatever reason. For now, I'll wish you luck in your work, and I look forward to playing around with whatever amazing inventions you come up with next!

11. DrakoZ

Thx
    In fact, there are no restrictions as such, it all depends on the ability to realize everything.

12. SeekoDestroyer

Emissary, where's the mod you're working on?
    I'd like to check it out.

13. EmissaryOfInfinity

On my laptop, hidden from public use until I get it to an acceptable state for release. :p
    That said, I have posted a couple of teaser videos on YouTube. You can look up my channel there under the same name.

Edit: I think this would be the most significant of the two, so I'll just post it here for convenience's sake.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  14. SeekoDestroyer

That morphball looks great!
    I'd install that mod even if it was only the morphball!
    That armor looks great, same with the space jump.
    It already looks like an acceptable state to publish it!

Just make the bombs not destroy all blocks. Maybe only dirt or stone.

15. EmissaryOfInfinity

That's already the case, realistically. The bombs deal minimal terrain damage, so you'd need to spam them to break tougher blocks. As you can only place three at a time, most of the terrain damage they'd cause would be regenerated. That said, they're mostly there as a tool for if you somehow get stuck, so I don't want to completely remove the ability to break tougher blocks.

And as to the state of the mod, the first portion is almost done. I plan for the mod to be absolutely massive, so I'll be releasing a version with just the Varia suit and various Metroid-related techs, integrated somewhat organically into Starbound's Vanilla gameplay. The final version of the mod will be much more traditionally Metroid in how you go about gathering and using power-ups, however.

16. SeekoDestroyer

I have a question, for you, DrakoZ, and you, Emissary, what tool do you use for the sprites?
    I'd like to get it myself and, maybe, even make a mod.

17. DrakoZ

Gimp, photoshop =)

18. SeekoDestroyer

19. EmissaryOfInfinity

Personally, I use paint.net (found at getpaint.net), as I've never found the extra features of any other image editor to be necessary for editing sprites. If I were working on textures for 3D models, maybe, but I like the simplicity and easy learning curve of pdn.

20. SeekoDestroyer

Also, if you plan on updating the mod, if you have everything ready, I suggest to update after 1.3 comes out so it doesn't break the mod.