Tool Chicklet V2.1.4 - Save editor & Map editor

Discussion in 'Mods' started by stefanhaan, Mar 12, 2016.

1. stefanhaan

stefanhaan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No biggie man! Just glad that it works :)

• Jaquelien

Jaquelien Lucky Number 13

Sure, thank you

MidgetMan likes this.
      • stefanhaan

Making good progress on the inventory editor! I'm recreating the entire object & tool system as how it is in the game. This way I am able to create items in exactly the same way as the game does, making it
        independant of XML files. This simply needs to decompile the XNB's and run my parse script over it to poop out a JSON and it runs!

Hopefully it'll be ready for testing in the upcoming days! :D

Got all the different item types in so far! :D
        Now only thing remaining is making the UI and a lot of testing...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
          Umaru likes this.
        • stefanhaan

Making good progress! All that's remaining is adding the UI niceness, saving the items to the save and testing!

The entire codebase for it is done though, it features the same polymorphism as the game's code and reflects the same structures / hardcoded data. So unless major changes happen, this
          will support any feature update in regards to new items in StardewValley with a simple run of a script on the unpacked XNB files. Yay!

Even found rafts, lantern, wand among the tool types. So those will be available as well (Not sure if they're available in the game naturally, haven't encountered them myself).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
          • LiterallyNatalie

LiterallyNatalie Master Chief

[​IMG] (http://imgur.com/wseW4Bd)
            Hey so while still in Morris' side in the community centre. I tried doing checking all the boxes in hopes of somehow being able to switch sides but instead it gave me this. Any ideas why this happened?

Also for some reason, it didn't the vault tab didn't have any checks on it even though I had done it before I switched sides. I had to manually check it.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
            • stefanhaan

It's probably because you're on Morris' side, I haven't tested any of the bundle editing with his side yet. I'll check it out after the inventory editor.

• stefanhaan

The inventory editor should be ready quite soon now!
                I've got everything in there except for the wallpapers, + some hidden gems that aren't accessible in game / other save editors.
                [​IMG]

To do:
                • Changing of quality, done.
                • Changing of quantity, done.
                • Item swapping, done
                • Adding of new items, done
                • Delete item
                • Resize Chicklet inventory on max_inventory_items change.
                • Add wallpapers
                • Testing
                One of the more beautiful items from the game ;)
                [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
                • stefanhaan

Great news! After days and nights of hard work the inventory editor is near completion, there's only 1 crucial bug I need to fix in regards to TV furniture and then I will push out the update!
                  Should include every item in the game.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
                    LiterallyNatalie likes this.
                  • solidlime

solidlime Orbital Explorer

• stefanhaan

Found the issue with the vault tabs... In the save file the bundle missions on the vault have 3 flags, but for some reason these missions are already complete with the first flag being true.
                    My editor says its only completed, if all of the flags in a mission are true. So I'll need to hardcode a statement to fix this for the vault tab.

Edit (15:23 GMT+1)
                    Fixed in beta build 1.8.6

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Just curious, I am well over half a million earned and Demetrius never renovated my cave. Will this tool install the mushroom cave for me if I never had anything at all in that spot?

• stefanhaan

Yes, even if you create a new character and change your cave using this editor it will spawn it just like it did when Demetrius came by.

If you pick the mushroom or bat cave, the editor will set it so that you've seen the event with Demetrius. If you pick the mushroom cave, my editor will create the mushroom boxes in the cave. (If you pick the mushroom game through the game,
                        they will be created hardcoded, so its the same).

BoffoBoy likes this.
                        • Ecsentret

Ecsentret Orbital Explorer

I'm getting the "error: missing element text" when I try to save. There's no info in my resources/info.log and resources/error.log, and the only thing I'm trying to change is how much money I have (from 1200ish to something more like 200000). Could you help me out when you get a chance?

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Thank you for the super fast reply will install simply for the cave.

(If you pick the mushroom game through the game,
                            they will be created hardcoded, so its the same)

I assume you meant 'mushroom cave from the game' unless there's a mushroom game I am missing =)

Thanks again for the fast reply and the slick tool.

• stefanhaan

Is a known bug, if you look at the Character information there should be a dropdown with the label "Weather for tomorrow", select anything in there and you can save again.
                              This option is removed in the next version about to be released, as it's useless anyway. Just changing the TV forecast.

• stefanhaan

Yea ^^ My editor just adds the mushroom cave exactly the same way the game does if you play it legit, thats what I was trying to say :D

• stefanhaan

New version is uploaded, if you had 1.7.0 it can be downloaded through the auto-updater.

V1.8.7
                                  New features

• Item editor, the item editor should feature all the items in the game including wallpapers and flooring. I've tested most of the special items like TVs, tools and wallpaper, and everything seems to work.
                                  • Backups will now by default be made, can be turned off by unchecking the checkbox next to the load button.
                                  • Removed the "Weather for tomorrow" option, it only changed the forecast on the TV. (This sometimes caused the "Missing element text" error)
                                  • Fixed an issue with the bundle editor where "Vault" missions came up as not completed.
                                  • Version now shows in application title
                                  [​IMG]

Download links

iOs http://www.mediafire.com/download/z47im65g28tnpnz/Chicklet-darwin-x64_1.8.7.zip
                                  Windows 32bit http://www.mediafire.com/download/9i2yuuy2w7mqu74/Chicklet-win32-ia32_1.8.7.zip
                                  Windws 64bit http://www.mediafire.com/download/7qao8cr5aywpv8l/Chicklet-win32-x64_1.8.7.zip

Mirors
                                  iOs https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BykR9O3BUhaZSU9MUUlGZkc2bWs/view?usp=sharing
                                  Windows 32bit https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BykR9O3BUhaZS25WZnhoQ2VqNGc/view?usp=sharing
                                  Windows 64bit https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BykR9O3BUhaZdVBmZ1JSMDk4ZW8/view?usp=sharing

• BlitzGregor

BlitzGregor Void-Bound Voyager

wait how are you suppose to use/install this
                                    in the 1.7 version it came with a UI application to run it this one just has resource files and files with in files

• stefanhaan

You should get a popup to install version 1.8.8 if you open it up now.

• BlitzGregor

BlitzGregor Void-Bound Voyager

yeah I ran the old version it says update and I press ok then it just closes and does nothing
                                        than when I go and run it again same thing