Tool Chicklet V2.1.4 - Save editor & Map editor

Discussion in 'Mods' started by stefanhaan, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Luki85

Luki85 Space Hobo

1.07 any object moved on map editor.And the save crashes by loading :( tried diffrent version and still the same proble.I cant nothink edit without save error .Any ideas guys?

• Luki85

Luki85 Space Hobo

I cant edit nothink without save error like posted allready

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Does it give any error message when it crashes?

• stefanhaan

stefanhaan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Open up the %APPDATA%/Stardew Valley/
          There should be a folder containing crash reports, it should describe why exactly the game crashed.

And are you running any mods?

• LegendaryHero

LegendaryHero Orbital Explorer

Is there some step I need to do to get the map editor working? Both the 32 and x64 version just give me a black screen.

[​IMG]

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

It should have a drop-down menu to the right there where you could pick a map, but it appears to be placed below the 'map' and it's out of range for you to click on.
              It looks like the window is too narrow -- it doesn't have the space to place those two elements next to each other. Try making the window more wide (I see it isn't maximized), or else more tall so you can reach it below

EDIT: Though, there seems to be more funky stuff going on, so maybe I'm wrong. For reference, this is what it looks like on my computer:

[​IMG]

• stefanhaan

It looks like in your case the screen is a bit too small, which pushed the "Load map" below the black rectangle. Increase the width of the window by a tiny bit, and it should fit. I'll correct this in a tiny release.

• Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

Great tool, very clean.

• Stiven999

Stiven999 Void-Bound Voyager

TIMMY!!
                    hi Stefcio

so i found something new
                    i had builded small slime hutch (by incubators) and some barrels on bat cave
                    i used save editor and moved some trees on farm
                    bat cave reset completly onyly slimes left inside

i dont think is that have something to do witch swiching long long time earlier from shroom cave to bat one just a heads up

• Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

Out of curiosity what tools/framework did you use to make this software??

• Luki85

Luki85 Space Hobo

Nope I tried on clean 1.05 clean 1.06 clean 1.07 istallation

I have a wife on my farm does it matters?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2016
                        • BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

So wait, you can move the shipping container to wherever you want with the map editor?

• stefanhaan

Nope, that object cannot be moved unfortunately.

No, I don't think it should. Could you send me your characters savefiles? Then I'll try it locally, my polish unfortunately is really terrible :p

I used http://electron.atom.io/ as a framework ^^, and using PHPStorm as an IDE.

BoffoBoy likes this.
                            • LegendaryHero

LegendaryHero Orbital Explorer

Thanks guys! Going fullscreen fixed it. I'm using Windows 10 @ 1.25 increased DPI settings so I'm guessing that's why it was off.

• Luki85

Luki85 Space Hobo

Cool man ,)You dont needPolish(wondering how you know ;p) Here I have a clean save :http://przeklej.org/file/BHgZcP/BobBudo.117731575

Thats what pops out after save load.And in txt file you saw some polish ok :)
                                upload_2016-4-16_12-55-0.png

• stefanhaan

Half polish girlfriend ^^. Thanks for the save, I'll take a look at it in a bit to see if I get the same and see what's causing it.

Cause when I released the map editor I made sure my SDV was up to date and tested it first, and everything seemed to work fine. Moving silo's, coop's that have animals in them etc.

• Luki85

Luki85 Space Hobo

Ok :) And thank you trying to help me .I dont need anythink but move things around :)

• LesserZ

LesserZ Poptop Tamer

Great work! Like how this is coming along. Been messing around with RPG Maker VX Ace and I see things used there that I wish were used here. Like how you create a exterior map, and interior map and link them by a transfer event. Setting NPCs on custom travel paths and dialogue with switches. But as modders have told me, it comes down to the save files and they tend to crash. Really looking forward to updating the Chicklet when editing locations, npcs, and dialogue comes around.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Hm. Chicklet is a save editor, though, and doesn't change anything of Stardew Valley itself (so, the actual maps themselves, NPCs, dialog). I'm not the developer, so I can't say if it'll have these features in the future or not, but if I had to wager a guess, at the very least these features won't be here any time soon...

• lzlsis

lzlsis Orbital Explorer

The map editor does not show the whole map of the farm, and I cannot zoom out