Tool Chicklet V2.1.4 - Save editor & Map editor

Discussion in 'Mods' started by stefanhaan, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Stiven999

Stiven999 Void-Bound Voyager

great idea mate i cant wait till i add palms to my farm hah
    anyways i think that takes the bigest amount of time to make
    since there is maaaaaany objects on game buildings etc
    soo maby parts updates like farm pack -> objects pack ->town pack
    not like i dont beliving in ya taking all at once just thinking its harder than inventory editor
    so no need to rush all at once but im glad you are thinking on going for this now mate ;)

• stefanhaan

stefanhaan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's not all that hard, the only difficulty of this is to generate the proper XML for each of the objects. And adding / integrating these objects
      in an efficient way to the UI.

Some are easier then others, the objects / big craftables are easy. The terrainFeatures are harder, since they're hardcoded etc.

• Stiven999

Stiven999 Void-Bound Voyager

i see well friend i wont bother you in work im glad that you are communicative modder and not Aho type
        take care man and never ever give up keep the great work up

• ShineAugustine

ShineAugustine Orbital Explorer

Hi again. Just wanted to share a problem I had, since fixing the game crash issue with the wallpapers after downgrading the house, my bedroom wallpaper will no longer change. I can edit the value for that room's wallpaper in notepad to change it, but if I put up a new wallpaper in the game and leave the house and come back it always reverts to the one that was there before it. It isn't updating the value to stay that way now. Not sure why. Any idea?

Also, I got your new update, but the farmhouse map won't load. Greenhouse loads fine!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
          • Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

FarmHouse works fine for me. hmm

• stefanhaan

How did you manually edit the wallpapers in the save?

As in, there is a as followed: (the below are the options that are possible at upgradeLevel 1, default wallpaper / floors)
              Code:
              <gameLocation xsi:type="FarmHouse">
              ...snip...
                <floor>
                  <int>0</int>
                  <int>0</int>
                  <int>0</int>
                  <int>0</int>
                </floor>
                <wallPaper>
                  <int>0</int>
                  <int>0</int>
                  <int>0</int>
                </wallPaper>
              ...snip...
              </gameLocation>
              Alternatively if that is totally messed up, what you can do is replace the above with:
              Code:
              <wallPaper/>
              <floor/>

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
              • Mistiel

Mistiel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Weird question here; is there a way to remove the baby furniture in the fully upgraded house so I can use the room for something else? Or will that be a future feature at some point? I haven't gotten that far yet in the game, but figured I'd ask. Thank you! :D

• stefanhaan

those things are hardcoded in the game / defined in the XNB files. They cannot be changed through purely editing the save file.

Mistiel likes this.
                  • Mistiel

Awe, booo. Oh well, thought I'd ask. ^^; Excellent work with the mod though, I'm having a super fun time playing around with everything! :D

• Mistiel

Hi again! I think I might have run into a little bug? I'm not sure if it is such, but I'm sure you'd know better than me! I was in the editor changing out my regular tools for the Iridium ones, and all of them changed over but the Watering Can. For some reason, that one stays as the original can, no matter how many times I try to switch it out for the other ones (tried all; gold, steel, etc..).

Thank you!

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Interesting. For now, in case a bugfix takes a long time and you need an Iridium Watering Can soon, you could try an item spawner in game. CJB's is a good one. You can spawn an Iridium Watering Can and destroy the old one.

By the way, @stefanhaan, I also reported a bug in the other thread. Is there actually a thread you prefer over the other, so I know where to post from now on?

• stefanhaan

No real preference, I get notifications for both so you can just pick one.

Regards to the water cans, that is correct I accidentally capitalized one letter that shouldn't be capitalized for the watering cans ;_;

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Alright. Is the thing I reported in the other thread a bug or is it intended behavior?

• stefanhaan

Well, I never intended the input of the hair/skin/shirt etc. To be clickable, hence why the arrows are there to the left and right of them. To toggle through them.
                              As long as those work fine everything is as intended.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, gotcha. Thanks.
                                It's just a bit confusing, because those style numbers have a downwards arrow, implying it's a drop-down list. Would also make sense that you can input a number in case you want to go to style 50 but you're on style 1

• stefanhaan

Then you'd press the button left, and it would take you either to 0 or the last one for example 50 :p

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Well, the reason I picked 50 is because it's about in the middle; pressing left would take me to 112!

• ShineAugustine

ShineAugustine Orbital Explorer

I manually edited them by changing the number to a differnet number, as those are assigned to the different wallpapers. 0 is the default, and they go from 1-60 or something like that. I think I may have one too many wallpaper values in there right now. Maybe I need to get rid of one of the entries. I have 4 of the <int>x</int> tags right now. I'll give that a try.

• Luki85

Luki85 Space Hobo

Do I have to empty my silo or barn first to move? Cause when i only move the silo i proper place.The save doesnt load and crashes :(

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

While I haven't tried that, I doubt you need to empty your barn. Even less your silo.
                                          I've moved chests without problems, so barns should work too, I imagine. And I actually don't even think a silo holds any data/items itself.