RELEASED Chicklet - Save file editor & Map Editor V2.1.4

A save file & Map editor for StardewValley

1. stefanhaan

stefanhaan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was on a holiday to Taiwan for a couple of weeks, so that left me with little to no room to work on anything. ;)
    I hope to be able to do some stuff on it this week.

• Texmech

Texmech Space Hobo

I am having a hard time finding the file that I am supposed to load. Is it because of the 1.0 patch? If so how do I fix it?

• CheekyPeach

CheekyPeach Aquatic Astronaut

Hi there,

I love this map editor! The UI is very intuitive and user friendly. I have encountered a bug where if I move a tree, I won't be able to chop it down in-game. Do you know how I would be able to fix this?

• ClickBouyow

ClickBouyow Yeah, You!

The latests update of the game seems to have broken the editor. It will not load any new save file.

• cyber07

cyber07 Space Hobo

Save editor does not work anymore with latest updates

• Hvittsalt

Hvittsalt Intergalactic Tourist

it works for me on the latest update on a Macbook Pro with OSX

• Harmony001

Harmony001 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love this save file editor, but when i open the map, it shows half of it, i only see grandpas shrine, green house and cave. I don't see my farm house, another thing, i live on the hill top, it shows me the original farm. although this save file editor is is great! I love it... Ty 4 the great awsome share. Cheers.

• dollbae

dollbae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please update for 1.1

• Valamyr82

Valamyr82 Void-Bound Voyager

I know its not updated for 1.1 yet but it was working sorta for old stuff. But as soon as new buildings went on the map like a windmill, ability to edit the map quit working.

kzintiwife likes this.
                    • Sarahfiren

Sarahfiren Phantasmal Quasar

please update this .. I can't find one save file editor for the newest version ..still hunting..

• RendHeaven

RendHeaven Void-Bound Voyager

Using Hill top farm. Farm map editor not displaying?

• Perogrin

Perogrin Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there, thank you so much for the work you have put into the Saver Editor, beautiful UI and really easy to use.

I suppose my question will apply to anyone who may have experienced this. Like many others I use several mods, a lot of Sprite changes/map changes etc. For the first year and a half of my current play through the Save Editor Map editor worked perfectly fine. Loads the greenhouse/farm/farmhouse. However something has changed somewhere in either the save or my game files where Chicklet Map Editor will not load my Farm anymore. It loads the greenhouse and farmhouse, but when I load the map for my farm its a black screen.

Has anyone had this issue and know of a fix if there is one? I went to an old save and the map woudl load so i feel its something wrong with my current Save File. I'd love to be able to use the Farm Map Editor again, it allows me to move items without limits or restrictions unlike every other save editor.

• Perogrin

Perogrin Void-Bound Voyager

I actually just posted my own comment. I use the Hilltop Farm mod as well. However it did used to appear in the Map editor with no issues. Recently though When i load my farm map it just shows a black screen. Let me know if you find a way around this.

• curi0

curi0 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yea, the editor doesn't seem like to mess with modified farm.

I got a dog, a cat, and six mushroom boxes inside the farm cave. After using the editor to add an item to my inventory, the boxes were gone and the cat type changed to dog. So, basically the editor changed the farm to it's default state. But with save editing, you can still get it to work though, as long as you know what's missing (I use WinMerge to compare the changes) and then readding them.

Other than that, this is still one of the best savegame editor I've ever used!

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

It's not going to be able to, as it hasn't been updated since 1.07

• magicalbanana

magicalbanana Space Hobo

I suddenly am getting the error Error: Missing Element text, I am using this on the OSX.

• nnyeon

nnyeon Void-Bound Voyager

auto-update is not working? am i supposed to open something when it says 'downloading update'? im using on a mac.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
                                    • abbyj2201

abbyj2201 Void-Bound Voyager

hi, lovely mod but my map never loads! :c when i open the mod i get a popup with this message: "The following error occurred: api_response_not_valid." i feel like that might have to do with the issue. help?

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

unfortunately, this editor is outdated, it still does its work on regards of inventory, but the map features are a no-go im afraid.

• mrsg

mrsg Space Hobo

This is just what I've been looking for. Thank you so much for putting the time into making such a great editor, I appreciate that SMAPI works well for many people but after trying to install and use it twice from what I believed to be legit sources (Github), and my anti-virus showing a multitude of IP addresses trying to access my PC and not just false flagging it as a Trojan I'm incredibly wary of going near SMAPI again, which is a shame and restrictive but not worth the hassle!
                                          This editor is awesome and not to moan but I have some health issues which means I'm highly medicated at the moment and so concentration levels aren't what I'd like them to be, therefore being able to enjoy the game in the style I wish and not being restricted by the fact that I haven't slogged/collected certain things in order to advance is great and personally adds to my gameplay enjoyment.
                                          The only aspect I would add from other editors if possible would be the ability to freeze time in certain areas (mines for me!), again this would increase my enjoyment of the game and for the 10 mins SMAPI did work for me, was probably my favourite aspect of the mod.
                                          Many thanks again for this wonderful editor and bringing some extra happiness into my game.
                                          ;-]