RELEASED Chef's Closet SMAPI (extending items available for cooking)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by duder, Mar 22, 2017.

1. duder

duder Void-Bound Voyager

What
    Improve the cooking experience by giving the user the ability to include items from chests in the cooking menu, in addition to the fridge items.

How
    In order for a chest's inventory to be included in the cooking menu it must be placed in the kitchen.

Why
    Extending the fridge itself to hold more items is a common suggestion and also viable, but it improves the cooking experience at the expense of item management and organisation. By allowing you to store cooking items across a number of chests you can better organize your ingredients while still having access to them all for cooking.

http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1030/
    https://github.com/deLaDude/ChefsCloset
    WIP thread

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I just grabbed this off the Nexus a bit ago. Haven't tested it but seems promising!

• demonhunter352

demonhunter352 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Grabbing this to replace Extended Fridge because the duping glitch in that mod is just too tempting (and I am weak)

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Does this still work with the new 1.2x release?

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Apparently not. (Big if, as I'm using other mods.) I've just tested it, and no matter where a chest is placed in the kitchen, no ingredient put in it contributes to the recipe screen. Same item put in the fridge, does.

That said, it could be a problem due to other mods "breaking" CC. duder, you around?

Last edited: May 7, 2017
            • copperhamster

copperhamster Void-Bound Voyager

Apparently works if you don't use cooking skill.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I don't have the cooking skill mod, yet it doesn't work. Must be something else, then.

• aeshihowl

aeshihowl Void-Bound Voyager

Agreed; it doesn't work on the new update. :(

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Fortunately, Extended Fridge is back under development, and Expanded Fridge, a newer mod, is available.