1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [Cheerful Giraffe] Unstable Fix [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by TanzNukeTerror, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

I seem to have fixed it by wriping my characters and universe files and using the latest version of the mod but I don't know if this is permanent yet.

2. Avarice

Avarice Void-Bound Voyager

Game was freezing and crashing for me last night after the latest nightly patch, it did 10 times and eventually my home system bookmark was corrupt or something, because when I try to teleport there it just sends me back to the ship.

It was happening every time I tried to teleport somewhere, it would just freeze in the teleport animation.

I don't think it's the mod, but something did with the last patch.

3. Ludovic

You might be due to refreshing your saves/universe and such then,even if that means wiping your character(this is the nightly and basically a "test" build on the end).

4. Avarice

Probably, I just deleted my corrupt bookmarks and flew back to my home planet manually, and it does the same thing. When I try to beam to planet I just beam back to my ship, like the planet no longer exists or something.

Time to start over hehe

5. Ludovic

Well they do refer to it as that "broken test build" with a reason ;)

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

If you beam to a planet and immediately get sent back to your ship, try exiting the game and looking up the logfile. It should say why near the end of the logfile if that's the last thing you did before closing the game down. It's usually because of a json error or perhaps a removed asset or something.

7. Avarice

I found this in the log:
    Error: UniverseServer: World CelestialWorld:382567878:-911537655:-154044676:5 has stopped due to an error
    [19:20:42.272] Info: UniverseServer: World CelestialWorld:382567878:-911537655:-154044676:5 shutdown, kicking 1 players to their own ships
    [19:20:42.372]

Edit: Uh those faces are : and then 3's.

Not sure what to make of that, first time I've looked at the log file.

8. DiabloGirl

DiabloGirl Void-Bound Voyager

I tried this and it didn't fix my issue personally :(

9. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Usually above that, you'll see a line that says BaseThreadInitThunk and it will have a bunch of hex numbers before it, something like this:

Code:
    [22:03:37.122] Error: UniverseServer: error during world create: (DungeonException) Error generating microdungeon named 'protomini2'
    [0] 1405b1933
    [1] 1405ae2c8
    [2] 1405ae3f8
    [3] 1402c7980
    [4] 14080a8d5
    [5] 1406fe910
    [6] 1406fb8b4
    [7] 772c0c51 RtlRestoreContext
    [8] 140595ead
    [9] 14056e045
    [10] 1404245cb
    [11] 140421540
    [12] 14042136f
    [13] 140336759
    [14] 1403324e3
    [15] 140326546
    [16] 13ffb6203
    [17] 13ffbdf9f
    [18] 13ffac2af
    [19] 13ffb30a6
    [20] 13ffaf2a9
    [21] 13ffc24e6
    [22] 13ff5aaa0
    [23] 13ffbdba2
    [24] 1406169d1
    [25] 1405c5f0d
    [26] 770659ed BaseThreadInitThunk

It'll look like that. The actual error is at the first line.

10. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

In Steam, right-click "STARBOUND - UNSTABLE", click properties, then betas, then select Nightly from the drop-down.

[​IMG]

11. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

This is something you should expect to do almost every time a new Nightly build comes out. There's nothing I can do about it, and no cause I can think of that's associated with this mod.

@v6ooo is better at reading error logs than I am, though.

Ludovic likes this.
  12. Ludovic

Oh, to be honest that's what I already did almost all the time. I figured the recent crashes were just the latest reminder it was again due to do so.

13. glassdragon

glassdragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This isn't a crash or anything, but I've completed all of Koichi's quests but I still can't figure out how to access his museum. I believe he said it should show up from the teleporter by the 2-Stop Teleshop, but all that's there are my ship, the Ark teleporter, and all the flags I've placed. Is this a bug, or is the museum not in the game yet?
    Edit: On a related note, do the left and right translation wheels have any function in the game yet?

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Koichi is to the right of Esther's door. He sells Augments.

15. glassdragon

glassdragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I should probably elaborate. Koichi is this guy. He is, indeed, to the right of Esther.
    Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 1.29.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 1.31.13 PM.png

When you first recruit him, he asks you to retrieve various racial-themed items so he can start a museum, starting with a Grand Avian Sarcophagus. In between turning in his items, and after you've given him all of them, all he says when you talk to him is, "This place is fascinating. I have so much research to do!" After you turn in the final item, a Hylotl gong, he tells you he's going to open his now-complete museum and invites you to visit.

I didn't think to grab a screencap of that bit of dialogue at the time, unfortunately, but if memory serves he says you should be able to access it from the 2-Stop Teleshop teleporter—or at least, from a teleporter somewhere in the Outpost. I'd run through again and check all of this with another character, but currently my next farthest character is pretty far away from being able to access the Hylotl mission, so that'll have to wait. Both at the time of completing his final quest, and after completing all the available story quests, I checked the Ark teleporter, the 2-Stop Teleshop teleporter, and my ship teleporter, but there was no option to go to any museum. I've also checked and double-checked the entirety of the Outpost, and I haven't found any other possible entrances to a museum.

The question is, is the museum simply not implemented yet, like the game's final boss? Or is a bug making it inaccessible?
    Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 1.32.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 2.15.33 PM.png

As far as I'm aware, Koichi does not sell Augments, though he does give them to you as quest rewards. The person who sells Augments is Lana Blake, who is to Koichi's right once you complete the Apex mission.

I hope this post is more helpful than my last one.

16. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yeah, I mistook Koichi for the apex girl...

Hmm, perhaps Koichi's museum just isn't implemented yet, or it's a "Someday it'll be done, but not within the events of this game" type deal.

17. Niels2012

Niels2012 Void-Bound Voyager

now we are talking about Kochi's museum, I would love to see an actual museum wich you can customize with your items, i.e. a display of some weapons you've found (legendary founder weapons for me) and maybe even a few fossil displays

18. -Exnem-

-Exnem- Space Spelunker

Hi! Thanks for all the work and effort you put into this mod! I appreciate it.

I have a problem and would like to know if someone has an answer.

I started a new game with this mod installed, wiped the player and universe folders in storage. I get to the point where I have to gather the core fragments to fix the ship, but nothing happens once I gather them. I spawned in the shipT1 and shipT2 items which fixed the thrusters and allowed me to travel, but the main quest did not update. Is there a way to advance the main quest or did I do something wrong?

19. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

The 20 core fragments are to fix the ancient gateway, not the ship.

20. -Exnem-

-Exnem- Space Spelunker

Ok, so how do I fix the ship to advance the quest? also there is no ark in my star system so I;m guessing there's no gateway either?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.