1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Character's Skin Color Changed after Relaunch

Discussion in 'Support' started by DunsparceAndDiglett, Feb 23, 2017.

1. DunsparceAndDiglett

DunsparceAndDiglett Intergalactic Tourist

I'm going make three apologies: I'm not that good at story telling and I'm sorry that my first post on this forum is a bug report. I accidentally posted this on the Starbound forums.

In short: I created a character with "20: Skin (white)"; I played around as my character with white skin for a session (3 in real life hours and around +20 in game days); I turned the game off, reloaded it only to see that my character's skin is purple.

Extra Info:
    -PC Steam Version, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition
    -The Game Did not crash ever:
    I turned the game off by clicking the button inside the inventory. As opposed to like Task Manager End task or Alt-F4-ing
    -I don't know that relaunching the application caused the issue: The text is bolded because that was the last big thing I remembered happening before the issue.
    -After ~3 hours of more playing, the game still hasn't learned to correct itself.
    -I have verified the integrity of the game cache with no success
    -I have not uninstalled/reinstalled the game
    -I have not tried to recreate this issue.
    -No Mods. Vanilla Stardew Valley Playthrough
    -Bordered Windowed Playthrough
    -I have tried to Research/Google the Issue with no success
    -I did consider making a character with Purple Skin:
    At the start of my character creation I wanted my character to look like the character Anna from the Fire Emblem Series (According to a recording Skin:20, Hair: 17, Shirt: 23, Acc.: 16) . Some conflicts arose which made me consider creating a joke character whose gender was Male and skin was purple. Before switching my character design back over to "Anna"
    -May I post a couple of links in this thread?: Asking both because I'm new to this forum and I wanted to be courteous and all that jazz. The videos are just recordings of me. One of them is a first 2 hours of me playing Stardew Valley with my character being of the correct skin color. The others are videos of me being purple.
    -Not Two Files/Characters: I only have evidence, reasons, and the truth (This is not two files) against this claim. But not like hard proof.
    -Need a Name for my character?: Anna is fine. AnnaMerchant her full name. You can also just call it something like "character" or "your character"

Slowly but surely I've been learning to adapt to my new purple skinned character and as a result this is becoming a bug report as opposed to a "Please can you help me fix it".