1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Names

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Doublejho, Dec 12, 2013.

1. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

Go Go Nigiri - Hylotl.

2. Akhar

Akhar Void-Bound Voyager

I named my Floran Ardisius. Basically a masculine version of "Ardisia." So, yeah. I named my character after a berry bush.

3. Sikelh

Sikelh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just use whichever one of my old DnD names I feel like at the moment as I do with every game.

4. M1K3Y

M1K3Y Void-Bound Voyager

i randomed MC beep (glitch)

5. VerteX123

VerteX123 Void-Bound Voyager

Random names that I've had:
    Stonetooth
    Sandfish
    Ghosthunter
    Deathblade

6. SithCandy

SithCandy Space Hobo

Mockingjay - Avian.

I also saw Twerkmaster in the randomizer. :up:

7. RobertRevenge

RobertRevenge Pangalactic Porcupine

Cait Sith - Glitch, after the Fae creature

I also got the random name Shadowtwerk when looking at Human customization options.

8. Samurai Noodlez

Samurai Noodlez Poptop Tamer

Well, my first character was named and modeled after my favorite of three Mass Effect characters, Gabriel. However, since the recent updates and subsequent character wipe I've opted to model the character after myself and name him Johnny, after a nickname of mine. Subsequent deletions and wipes will follow the same pattern with a Roman numeral following the name, with the exception of Johnny V who is going to be a Glitch.

BrickAndYozen likes this.
  9. BrickAndYozen

BrickAndYozen Orbital Explorer

When you create him, will you say, "JOHNNY 5 IS ALIVE!!"?

Jonesy likes this.
  10. PiratePeaHat

PiratePeaHat Big Damn Hero

My first character was an Avian named WingDing. Killed by character wipe.
    My second character was a hylotl named Fishstix. Also killed by character wipe.
    My third and final character that seems to continue on is Peahat.

If you can't figure out where I got the name Peahat, you don't deserve your console.

Redacted Revenant likes this.
  11. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Amadeus is the name of my human

12. Kyon

Kyon Contact!

Since I ran Apex, I decided that i'd base it loosely off the soviet union. Being that, I decided that the name needed to sound foreign.
    I however, did admittedly gain a lot of influence from Crimea's Natalia Poklonskaya once I began bouncing around ideas in my head.
    I wanted a female apex that reminded me of her, so I ditched the russian-name concept and came up with a Ukranian one for her instead.

(For those who don't know, http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/natalia-poklonskaya )

Lt. Natalia Shevska was what I decided on in the end, but of course name space wouldn't allow that, so her In-Game Name is Lt. Shevska. So far i've been wholesomely satisfied with how she turned out to be.

I admittedly wish that the Apex would obtain a tail, because seriously: that would be awesome. I always thought it'd be a nice touch to have a sort of a back-accessory you could pin onto your character.

13. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Currently its Prof. Lintton. I originally wanted to go with Professor Lintton, but my character is more a schoolteacher than a college professor. I might go with Ms. Lintton should another character wipe occur.

Why Lintton? To be honest, I thought it was a good last name. Turns out I'm the only one on earth to come up with it.

14. Agent Banana

Agent Banana Space Hobo

I went really original and named myself Agent Banana.

15. Farathil

Farathil Spaceman Spiff

R@ng3r- My glitch Ranger.
    Farathil- My Floran Mercenary.
    Sombra- My hylotl.

Redacted Revenant likes this.
  16. extremist

extremist Existential Complex

Celia is my human.
    Used to have a Avian called Diana and another human called Celie.
    Mixed Diana and Celie and there was Celia.

17. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Why not Celina or Celana?

18. extremist

extremist Existential Complex

Celina used to be a girl in my school which I hated. Never heard of Celana though.

19. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Pheonix the Avian. For obvious reasons.
    Because fire is awesome! Why did you think?

20. Pikselo

Pikselo Pangalactic Porcupine

First character: Floran "Pikselo", who was standing alone, killed by wipe

Second character: Floran "Pikselo", who was standing alone, killed by wipe

Third character: Floran "Pikselo", who isn't standing alone, because he lives in Starville with his friends.