1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Character Files Not Loading Characters

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by paxprimus, Mar 10, 2017.

1. paxprimus

paxprimus Big Damn Hero

Hi! Sorry if any of this is in the wrong place, I'm not good at this website yet. Been playing modded for a while, decided I wanted to try Frackin' Universe, so I backed up my /storage folder. Changed my mind about FU before even installing it, relaunch game with no changes made, and all my characters are gone!

Here's the starbound.log.
    Here are the players with the UUIDs in question.

Please help, I have a lot of stuff on these characters and I would really hate to lose 600 hours worth of progress!! Thank you!

- Ryan

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

first: based on file/folder names, it seems the base game files are duped
    second: this is modded, as the steam id mods suggest, so please post this in the relevant modding page

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

@NexusTheBrony
    There is no need to post bug reports or issues in the modding section. Mostly these issues can be solved without needing the mod authors assistance.

@paxprimus
    Did you remove another mod? The playerfiles are fine so far. I could dump them via the json tool. It must be something due to the missing items mentioned in the log. It sounds somehow like a shipmod or sth. (maybe madtulips shipmod?)

~ Iris ~

4. paxprimus

paxprimus Big Damn Hero

@Iris Blanche
    I figured the culprit was Platform Hatches, but the game refuses to load my player folder backup regardless of whether or not I'm subscribed to that mod. :(
    Some of the characters in the backup folder were made before I installed PH, too, and contain none of the modded hatches in their inventories or shipworlds.

5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach your log then ^-^ When characters doesn't load or show up it is mostly stated in the log why :)

~ Iris ~