1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Experience Passover

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Scwootel, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Scwootel

Scwootel Aquatic Astronaut

You know how when your playing on one character and you pass another character you were playing? That happens a lot. But the thing is is that the "experience" in the story mode passes over to the other characters so I can fight The Ruin with a character I just made.

If you didn't understand what I just said then this is what just happened to me:
    I make a character (Lets call the character Bob) and play with a friend until we get the the Hylotl mission. When my frined isn't on I play a different character ( Lets say Billy) and beat the Kluex Avatar. I then go back to Bob to check if I got the mission to go to the Grand Pagoda Library, but when I get to The Ark I notice that I somehow already have the Avian artifact. I only played on the Billy character to do the Avian mission and nothing else.

Is this a glitch (Heh, puns.) or something I can turn off? Or do I just have to deal with this?
    Any help is appreciated.

P.S.
    For the "Create a Character" things on the site, do you think there should be a Novakid as an option?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

This is intended that it acts like that. The outpost progression is stored per universe and not per character.

~ Iris ~

3. Scwootel

Thanks, but am I able to transfer characters to a different universe or get rid of the extra mission data?

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

By joining to another server you will have a different mission state there. The easiest way would be setting up 2 local servers and start them when needed. E.g. you have a "Bob"-Server and a "Billy"-Server.
    You could also mess around with the universe flags if you want to have the characters sharing the same universe.

But like i said before this behavior is intended so there are no "easy" ways to have different states.

~ Iris ~

5. Scwootel

Ok, thanks